Rented any good movies lately?

by Billygoat 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Preston, your avatar makes me LOL! So great.

I rented an oldie but a goody last week : Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Steve Martin is the best.

GBL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yup he's got an awesome looking hat !!!

LOL

I just watched House of the Flying Daggar - great Kung Fu Movie - subtitled

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Touche' my friend.

LOL. I confess.... I'm drinking a giant expresso right now made from a good French dark roast. So gooood. Expresso Machines rule! regards, MD (Caffeinated Blood Class)

• Mac
    Mac

I watched "Big Bad Love" again tonight...

I love that movie...

mac

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

"Harold & Maude" A great movie...cannot tell you how many times I have watched it.

We tend to go thru the $5.50 bin at Walmart every few weeks to find something to watch. I hate renting movies, because you have to bring them back haah. I stopped going to blockbuster years ago because I alwasy racked up the late fees...I guess that doesn't matter any more...but I don't go to the library that much either becuase if I read a book and like it I wanted to keep it...so I bring it back late, pay the fines, then go to half price books and buy it. So now I just skip the library and buy books, used when I can.

So I guess I suffere from book and video seperation anxiety hahah.

The Cutting edge is a good movie...I am not a big ice skating fan but i twas awesomIfe.

If you like surf movies, Blue Crush is pretty good. I do like surf movies. My brother used to surf year round in NH. I have never tried it, but if I can ever lose some weight and learn to swim better I will try some day.

I love watching documentaries on tv about the ocean too. There are usually some good ones on the Discovery channel.

If you like shakespeare, I would rent Taming of the Shrew with Richard Burton and Liz Taylor...also, Frank Zafferelli's Romeo & Juliet with Olivia Hussey. I think that is the best movie version of the play.

Also, an awesome tv series on dvd is Dead Like Me. Have you ever watched it? I have the first season on dvd if you want to borrow it Andi. It lasted only 2 seasons, but is an AWESOME show.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Okay, last night we went to Blockbuster again. We rented Garden State - my pick based on the recommendations here...great flick! And The Incredibles - Neil's pick, but we'll see that tomorrow.

Has anyone seen The Jerk with Steve Martin? I remember falling in love with that movie years ago. I'm a little afraid to watch it again because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Billygoat,

I watched The Jerk when my kids were teens and we laughed our heads off. Also, Search for the Holy Grail was hilarious at that time. Recently, we howled at Napoleon Dynamite, but others have hated it.

I joined Netflix and what I love about it is the huge selection in documentaries and even TV series. I'm a big Stargate (SG-1) fan. I have many PBS documentaries in my queue interspersed with fun movies.

I enjoyed Birth with Nicole Kidman lately too. Also, Secret Window with Johnny Depp (kinda grisly, but good psychological thriller).

Ta-ta!

Pat

• Princess
    Princess
    LOL. I confess.... I'm drinking a giant expresso right now made from a good French dark roast. So gooood. Expresso Machines rule! regards,

OK, since I'm a snob I'm going to point out that it's eSpresso. The Incredibles is great. We have it. Last week I rented Racing Stripes for the kids. It was very entertaining and pretty funny too. If you haven't seen Holes, I highly recommend it. Great movie, as is Finding Neverland. I have Team America for tonight after the kiddos go to bed. I love anything by the South Park guys. I get Netflix so always have movies around.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

I saw Traffic on NBC if that counts. I'm waiting for Batman Begins to arrive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit