Rented any good movies lately?

by Billygoat 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• Preston
    Preston

I'm not sure if you'll like this movie, but I recently rented Takeshi Kitano's Zatiochi and thought the story interesting and entertaining. It is...violent , but I think it's one of his best.

- Preston

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

This may sound a bit silly, but have you rented at the library....The one in Richardson is huge and is free!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Garden State was great.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Although not a new release, ''The Life Of David Gale'' is a must I think.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Princess said about "City of God"

I rented this one based on a thread months ago where Mega recommended it. I HATED it. Yuk. Steve liked it but didn't love it. I found it depressing and miserable. I guess being a mother might make it more difficult to watch due to excessive violence at an early age. These children had horrible lives. Awful awful move. IMHO of course.

LOL. I should add I like gritty realism. I didn't find it depressing at all, but uplifting in that someone could actually escape the conditions of their birth. To each their own. For us movie snobs there is "City of God." For the rest of you there is Adam Sandler. lol.

• Princess
    Princess
    For us movie snobs there is "City of God." For the rest of you there is Adam Sandler. lol.

You can't be dissing Adam. At least you know a snob when you see one.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Given what Billygoat has said about her tastes in movies on other threads, I'm not sure I'd recommend City of God - this movie has some *very* disturbing scenes, and I am cautious about recommending it to anybody! I enjoyed it though. I'd say the same about Osama - no happy ending there for sure.

I'll second Garden State - good film.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Dan, I agree with you on Osama. The movie left me quiet at the end, and grateful I don't live under extremist muslim rule. However, it was very well done, acting, set, directing, etc.

The remake of Alfie was good. It amazed me how much Jude Law reminds me of (brain derailment here) the original actor. It had some great music in it too written/performed by Mick Jagger.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    At least you know a snob when you see one.

Let's talk expresso machines, you snob of the bean.

• Princess
    Princess
    Let's talk expresso machines, you snob of the bean.

Touche' my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit