by JH 48 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

well Ill be damned, didnt know that. Thanks FHN

But what about Colonel Angus.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But what about Colonel Angus.

Never heard of the man in my life. Honest. I really mean it.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Farts are God's way of letting us know that our SHIT really does stink.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Never did it myself, but had a friend who framed his burnt underwear after doing it.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My son did things like that when he was 13 or 14...

I think he values his butt too much now..doesn't want to lose it!

Snoozy...

• Pole
    Pole

love2Bworldly

Pole--give us a Polish joke that is not polite?

I thought it's not Poles who specialize in "Polish jokes". Seriously, (or rather "jokingly") I'm terrible at telling jokes. Oh yeah we have naughty jokes. But very few people over here seem to find farting so amusing. This is evident in the sheer number of lexical choices English language users have, some of which were demonstrated on this thread.

Now, let's see if I'm going to be labelled as an anti-Anglo-Saxon fartophobe.

Cheers,

Pole

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Now, let's see if I'm going to be labelled as an anti-Anglo-Saxon fartophobe. Cheers, Pole

Pole, polite, more refined anglos don't find flatulence so amusing. I'd say the majority don't. It's really more of a cult following if you will. I personally don't find things like this that amusing. I don't even like the F word and hardly ever say it. It has to be a rare day when the barometric pressure is weird and the earth is changing direction of the tilt of its axis and strange such goings on.

Really, please don't think all Americans and Brits for that matter go around joking about bubbles. It's not considered polite. I don't begrudge people their unique sense of humor though.

• Pole
    Pole
    Really, please don't think all Americans and Brits for that matter go around joking about bubbles.

Flyin' - no fear - of course I know it's not true of all or even the majority of Anglo Saxons. I really try to stear clear of stereotypes. Perhaps I should have said "sub-culture".

Neither am I trying to cast a pejorative judgment on farting jokes. LOL - I have better things to ponder over. :) All I'm saying is that on the whole (and general stats are always misrepresenting what individuals feel), the farting motif is quite well attested in A-S jokes and the wide range of euphemisms you have at your disposal to describe this phenomenon. LOL (Somebody - stop me - What am I saying?).

Back to the topic:

Click here with the speakers on.

Watch the reporter's utter confusion.

Cheers.

Pole

• blondie
    blondie

On a related note

http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/4565282/detail.html

Man Files $10M Lawsuit Over Exploding Portable Toilet

POSTED: 11:29 am EDT June 3, 2005

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- John Jenkins wants $10 million because of an exploding john.

He's suing Chisler, a general contractor, and the Eastern Associated Coal Corp.

Jenkins claimed he sat down in a portable toilet, tried to light a cigarette and the whole thing blew up. The suit noted there were no warning signs against smoking or open flames.

Eastern Associated Coal owns the West Virginia property where the explosion occurred. The suit charges Chisler with running over pipelines with heavy equipment before the incident, causing a methane gas leak.

Jenkins claimed permanent injuries from the potty blast.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit