Have you ever lit a fart on a fire....?

by JH 48 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

JH, I want a second opinion.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've never undertood the Anglo-Saxon fart joke culture.

Have fun.

Pole

Hey, Pole, not all of us anglo-saxons think this is funny. I'd say it's got more of a cult following.

• blondie
    blondie

No, it is just people who live

FAR To the east

or

FAR To the west

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey my youngest daughter (who by the way hates the truth which really pisses my wife off) farted at the kingdom hall the other day -it was so bad you could taste it. I was really impressed but the elderly sister in front of us was not as it wafted her way.

• talesin
    talesin

Stilla, she 'cut the cheese',,, hehehe

Well, I've never lit my own farts, but I've watched others. Too funny.

Oh, and by the way, the expression is 'pass wind', not fart. We must be genteel, you know. ;)

t

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

SORRY YOU ARE CORRECT - pass/break wind

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    the expression is 'pass wind',

My daughter calls it having bubbles.

We were watching a chef on TV one day who was carmelizing onions and he said the process will aromafy your kitchen. So that is what I call it now when it's obvious that someone, somewhere in the room has bubbles. "Okay, who aromafied the room?" We have a lot of elderly customers browsing the gift shop where I work. They aromafy more than other visitors.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I understand that ladies in the deep south used to call it 'the vapors'

I dunno.

Thems the same people who had a chap named Colonel Angus

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Actually the vapors didn't mean flatulence:

The descriptions below are from Webster's Medical Desk Dictionary:

a. Exhalations within an organ, as the stomach formerly held to affect the physical or mental condition. No longer in use

b. A depression or hysterical nervous condition. No longer in use

Most southern belles would have politely ignored any aromafying. I'm a southern girl and I would vouch for that having grown up down there during the 1960s.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's more from this link: http://www.shasta.com/suesgoodco/newcivilians/faq/qvapors.htm

Fannie: I doubt that "the vapors" means flatulence. The medical books of the era all call flatulence just that--flatulence.

In addition to considering the medical descriptions listed above, a review of period literature only mentions FEMALE persons as having an attack of the vapors. Since female disorders of any kind were never discussed, this helps to add weight to the assumption that the vapors refers to PMS or a menopausal condition.

Some interesting info that relates to this thread subject:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit