Did YOU Ever "Stumble" Anyone? ....Anyone Ever "Stumble" You???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Chia
    Chia
    It was a cop out to tell you what to do when there wasn't clear biblical proof one way or the other.

Ooh. EF, I had never thought about it that way. Good point. That one hit me over the head like a ton of bricks. I always was sensitive to that too. Like that skirt I had, I got rid of it, even though I didn't want to, because I didn't want anyone to "fall out of the truth" because of something I was being selfish about. But you're right. If people are following the Bible it shouldn't matter what someone else does, they should know what's right and wrong no matter what!

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Yes, nearly thirty years ago some Jhovies came to my door and stumbled the life out of me.

HCM

• jaredg
    jaredg
    If it means you left the religion because you observed the repeated drunkenness of elders, unmarried pioneers having sex and constant wild partying, and elders cheating others in business, all blatantly and hypocritically condoned, then yes, I was stumbled.

HA!!! that kind of behavior is what kept me in so long. i was attracted to this sort in the KH as i was always partying and drinking even underage.

i don't htink i was ever stumbled but there were def. people i didn't like...mostly the self righteous people. i don't know if i stumbled anyone but i probably did b/c i definately had the "i don't give a fuck" attitude.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I think that the REAL stumblers for sincere witnesses aren't the evil, bad, almost out JWs, but instead I think most are stumbled by those who think they are better than everyone.

And yes my mother is mean- and no she don't take no crap off no one!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

EF--is 3 times for emphasis? LOL

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Thats my name don't wear it out...

• Es
    Es

Yes recently the elders came over even tho i had made it clear i wanted to be left alone. Anyway they wanted to know if i had had sex with my fiance in which i said my conscience is clear(even tho we do basically live together in all ways). They wanted to know why i had faded away and i said the hypocrisy and the behaviour of the elders (inc my dad) and then they said well you have stumbled someone as well and procedded to tell me i had been caught smoking. my reply was opps heheh. es

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Sorry didn't mean to triple post but my internet connection was coming up and down....ooops. But yes 3 time for emphasis. I didn't want to get a " W " on my talk sheet.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    Yes recently the elders came over even tho i had made it clear i wanted to be left alone. Anyway they wanted to know if i had had sex with my fiance in which i said my conscience is clear(even tho we do basically live together in all ways).

I want to know who the hell these elders think they are. Asking someone about their sex life. It's sick. The elders told my mom if she wanted to remarry she had to get my dad to admit in front of 2 witnesses he's committed adultary or have him sign a paper admitting to it. What's in their sick twisted little minds? It's none of their damn business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit