Did YOU Ever "Stumble" Anyone? ....Anyone Ever "Stumble" You???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The elders and the Organization always put us on alert to make sure we never "stumbled" anyone. Of course, someone was always be counseled for this offense. Were you ever talked to by the elders because of "stumbling"?

• luna2
    luna2

I'm not sure I ever stumbled anybody...didn't get called for it anyhow.

Having a couple of jobs with JW bosses was something of a stumbler for me. I think I got a very rocky start in the org after having to deal with these "loving" brothers and sisters. It's too bad that I picked myself up and continued staggering forward! I should have realized something was off and run far, far away.

I was asked once by another elder about the elder I worked for, but I declined the invite to discuss the matter. What's funny is that the elder who asked got reprimanded himself for being abusive to his stepsons.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i was never stumbled by anyone else, and could never really understand the hoopla about it. but i guess some were indeed being stumbled all the time.

i probably stumbled many in my course as a wit, but they all got back up...pretty sure anyways...

long hair, short hair. face hair, no hair. black suit, blue suit. liberal, conservative. starts to sound like a dr. suess diddly after a while...

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a person that was counseled that they could be a cause for stumbling because they had just one drink in front of a JW that was an alcoholic. This alcoholic would get very distressed everytime he was invited to a get together and saw all the Witnesses drinking. (And we know how JWs love to drink). Then a talk was given about our not wanting to stumble anyone. So the Witnesses handled it in the best way they knew how. They stopped inviting him to parties and PRESTO! ---no more stumbling.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I used to work for a brother but he didn't pay overtime. After looking at the labor laws I asked him about it and included the scripture about following Caesar's laws. He started paying overtime to all the employees who were all witnesses. The other employees did appreciate my bringing this to their attention.

• Chia
    Chia

My family got talked to because some were "stumbled" that the house wasn't tidy enough for the book study. I also got talked to because I had a skirt that was on the short side. Ridiculous.

• talesin
    talesin

I think I was stumbled, but I'm not sure.

If it means you left the religion because you observed the repeated drunkenness of elders, unmarried pioneers having sex and constant wild partying, and elders cheating others in business, all blatantly and hypocritically condoned, then yes, I was stumbled.

If it means you left the religion because a 17 yo boy kills himself because he is gay and J*h hates him, then yes, I was stumbled.

Ridiculous, hokey-pokey claptrap term, 'stumbled' , sheesh!

tal

• minimus
    minimus

This place stumbles me!!

• susu812
    susu812

one time there was a sister in our hall that was "MRS.PIONEER" and she had a step-son my age and they had a pool--so my sister and i, her stepson and another guy from our hall were in the pool playing water volley-ball--and because we were like messing around-tackling and dunking each other and since we were in swim suits (which of course our suits were VERY inappropriate) she made claims to the elders that we were inappropriately "touching one another" WOW. a couple of elders meetings later and a couple of gossip sessions in service they whole hall knew about it. she was crazy though--she had a mental breakdown a few weeks later--

• minimus
    minimus

Anything---no matter how innocent it is---is fair game for being stumbled. Certain dopes used to get "stumbled" because my wife wore (in their opinion) too much makeup and jewelry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit