Did YOU Ever "Stumble" Anyone? ....Anyone Ever "Stumble" You???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

actually my mother was spoken to by the elders because she has a pistol in her glove box.

SOmeone saw it one day out in service and they were offended that she didn't put all her trust in Jehovah.

But can Jehoavh fly at 1800 fps?

Really? can he?

• minimus
    minimus

Your momma sounds like she don't take no shat, RR.

• jaffacake
  • jaffacake
    jaffacake

Not being a JW, not sure what is meant by stumbling someone. Does this mean telling them that salvation can be attained by works, which is how Paul described stumbling people?

Romans 9:31-32who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone

• talesin
    talesin

Here's a good one. My dad and I planned to go out for dinner on his birthday, because FOR ONCE, I could afford to treat HIM because they offer 'free dinner on your birthday', so I only had to pay for myself.

Well, he cancelled our fun dinner at the last minute because it might stumble someone.

Yah, the elders can be falling-down-drunk most of the time, that stumbles noone, but getting a free dinner, oh my gawd, the demonz! grrrrrr

tal

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Jaffacake...

The term stumbling was just another control tactic. They would say "cut your hair shorter", or someone might get stumbled. You are "enjoying field service too much", someone might get stumbled. "You sit in the same seats at the meetings every week", someone might get stumbled.

It was a cop out to tell you what to do when there wasn't clear biblical proof one way or the other. And of course saying you were somewhat stumbled by someone else's behavior allowed you to inflict your opinions on other people. So somene like Sister Debbie M. would go to the elders complaining of being stumbled by someone's dress, car, lifestyle, etc.... so that her opinion could get inflicted on those people. The elders would then talk to those people about modifying their behavior so dear old Debbie M. could be strong in da troof. Never mind it she was an elders wife, a pioneer, and a raving bitch.

• minimus
    minimus

If someone's conscience COULD POSSIBLY be adversely affected by doing even a "conscience matter" deed, you could "stumble" (make a person possibly fall out of the "truth'').

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Of course when I posed the question "If she is stumbled shouldn't you be over there building her strength in da troof up since it's clearly a conscience matter?" Then somehow I became the haughty one. Lesson #1 of elder's lectures.... they are never wrong, nor be questioned. Lesson #2 if you think they are wrong, you are an apostate. Lesson #3 nuff said.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Of course when I posed the question "If she is stumbled shouldn't you be over there building her strength in da troof up since it's clearly a conscience matter?" Then somehow I became the haughty one. Lesson #1 of elder's lectures.... they are never wrong, nor be questioned. Lesson #2 if you think they are wrong, you are an apostate. Lesson #3 nuff said.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit