Did YOU Ever "Stumble" Anyone? ....Anyone Ever "Stumble" You???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I also got talked to because I had a skirt that was on the short side. Ridiculous.

it's okay chia, it's just the elder's wives who were stumbled. the brothers, i am sure, were up-lifted by your kind thoughtfulness!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Caught returning a video of questionable material by a person who I would see at the doors in the ministry. She was in the video store as I was bringing back the un-wholsome material. When I handed it over to the clerk, you know how folks will look and see if what your're returning is of any socially redeeming value, or whether or not it's a movie they're waiting to have that's not in yet, or whether your're just a purveyor of pr0n? Yep, that's right, BUSTED!!! I actually went and apologized to her, she ,however, didn't appear to like witnesses, and that was even more good reason for her to dislike us. "Buncha' Damn Hippocrits." I could almost hear her say. That situation tormented me ungodly. It was the begining of my exit out of the truth 4VR. I was guilt ridden for years after that incident.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Min:

...because my wife wore (in their opinion) too much makeup and jewelry

One time, the sunday talk was comprised of those things. How especially wearing eye makeup will stumble 'ones in the cong'. I hated going plane jane when my eyes are my favorite feature.

• sf
    sf

Oh yes. Most definetely. And I proclaim that with much pride. I am positive I've stumbled quite a few jws. Online. Because they put themselves online where they would never go, offline.

So actually they play a big part in stumbling themselves. But I'm always glad to be of service.

sKally

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't really think so.

However, I do fall quite a bit. It's funny to watch me falling, or tripping, or running into things. I swear I am blind.

Brooke

• Chia
    Chia
    it's okay chia, it's just the elder's wives who were stumbled. the brothers, i am sure, were up-lifted by your kind thoughtfulness!

And do you want to know what else? There was an elder's wife who wore shorter skirts than me. So I asked him why no one had talked to her? He said, "Well, there's no one looking at her!"

Oh...I see. So I guess they were uplifted by my thoughtfulness. Never mind. I didn't stumble anyone. I was doing my part to be encouraging!

• minimus
    minimus

talk about double standards.....

• Honesty
    Honesty

I still stumble them. I saw a P.O.'s mother today and said, "Hi, how ya doing?". She smiled, said ok and that was that. I have heard what a hateful old apostate I am and know the cognitive dissonance goes into overdrive when my former cult brothers and sisters find out I not hateful to them, quite the opposite actually.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

After I left Bethel, I grew a beard. I think that bothered some of the JWs in my congregation.

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I spent a lot of time being paranoid that I was going to 'stumble' someone because pretty much anything could stumble someone. If it wasn't my peers in the congregation talking about 'stumbling blocks', it was the Watchtower printing some assanine article on what may stumble someone. I am still amazed at the article that said the movie "ET" was bad because his finger was a phallic symbol and he was like Jesus--healing people and being raised from the dead. I have mentioned that little tidbit on several other threads--sorry if I'm repeating myself. But how in the world would watching the movie "ET" be offensive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit