Does Devil Talk Irritate You?

by love2Bworldly 30 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

To tell the truth (hehe), I haven't heard that kind of talk in oh,,, about 30 years.

Yay for me ! LOL !

t

• Mac
    Mac

Well...

my first inclination was to say yes...

but then I remembered I'd forgotten to double rinse my underwear.....

mac, never jump to conclusions class

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Do you get irritated at this?

Yes, and I also cringe when people tell me that God is not just a god of love but he is judging god, too. Meaning: you need your a$$ controlled you heathen. Cower in fear!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

You know why humans invented god and satan? So they don;t have to be responsible for their actions, e.g. The devil made me do it. Or gods really blessing me.

Freud said" Most people don't want freedom because freedom requires responsibility and most people are frightened of responsibility"

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

Hey, man, it's a great way to blame something other than yourself for a lack of conscience and integrity.

What I hate more is someone telling another that if they only had a strong relationship w/ Jehovah they would not be sick or depressed.

...and then there is the "everything happens for a reason" crap. I know a 6 year old girl who was raped at 15 months--what was the reason? Satan gives too much at the office.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Devil the Satan...

History's best scape-goat...

Isn't it funny how we never get to hear "his" side of the story... I mean we were told we were "Witnesses" in a grand universal court drama...right?

What kind of "witness" involved in a court hearing doesn't get to be CROSS-EXAMINED? When does Devil the Satan get to interrogate all of us "witnesses" and get a chance to prove his point?

Or maybe... the Dub system of kangaroo courts (JC's) IS the method J uses?

My way or the highway....

Now there's a thought.

u/d

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Ignorance is irritating, yes. But it's all around us every day, so we would be stupid to get too upset by it. It's something that will never change. Knowledge IS power. I know the true meaning of that now. I feel more pity than anger for religious believers.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I was always more afraid of God destroying me in the big "A" than I was of the devil.

• Rod P
    Rod P

I would be the first guy to stand up and say we need to take responsibility for our own actions, rather than just blaming it on the bad ol' Devil. People are all too willing to put the Devil where the Devil is not.

And yes, I agree that the religionists use the Devil as a crutch, or maybe I should say "weapon", warning you about how the Devil keeps deceiving us, so don't do this, and don't do that, cuz the Devil is leading you astray, and God won't love you anymore, and you will be cast into hell, and all that kind of nonsense.

On the other hand, how many of you on this thread are convinced the Devil (and God for that matter) do not exist? If that is how you think or feel about things, then that is where you and I differ.

I do believe that God and the Devil exist, and it has little or nothing to do with the influence of the JW's at the time I was one. And, for the record, I do not belong to any religious organization, do not preach religion, or proselyte anyone to any point of view. I subscribe to the notion that belief is a matter of personal choice, and each one should feel free to choose their own, and neither I nor anyone else should judge or condemn anyone else for their beliefs. I love to discuss and debate any topic with those mutually interested, and will not hesitate to express my viewpoints, and will certainly consider yours. If we do not agree on something, fine, let's just agree to disagree, and move on.

I believe in God, because I do not find it logical or reasonable that this entire, vast, complex universe came into existence from nothing, all by itself, out of shear random chance probability (i.e. the Big Bang, and all that). We could debate God or No God at length here, but this is a thread about the Devil.

Where I am coming from about the Devil has to do with Witchcraft, and I'm talking about the Dark Side, the Black Arts, the Satanic Bible, Necromancy, Witch Covens that worship Satan, and all those who live their lives with Devil Worship as their religion. This is a whole different ball game. There are things going on in that whole world that would make your blood run cold, and frankly would scare the Hell out of you! If you think there is no such thing as demonic possession, I would suggest you examine that subject at greater length, and be prepared for some real surprises along the way. It is too easy to label it as just a bunch of "superstition" and "hokum".

I am aware of the prevailing doctrines of modern psychiatry, and how all this stuff can purportedly be explained away as simply part of the individual's own personality (eg. split personality vs.possession, etc.). And I have no doubt that a lot of things CAN be explained with the tools and insights of Psychiatry and Psychology. But then there are things going on that are pure evil, and which these "sciences" just cannot explain, at least within those frames of reference. Fool around with this stuff, and I believe, in the strongest possible terms, that you are playing with fire, and putting yourself at grave risk, and I don't mean judgment from God.

Another thing, these guys do not want publicity or high profile attention drawn to them. The simple fact is, they would be interfered with and even shut down by the authorities. So they just love everyone just pooh-poohing the whole idea that the Devil even exists. That is part of their strategy to keep themselves incognito, free to carry on with what they do in secrecy and darkness. Spend a few months in that world, and I would venture to say you will change your mind.

And so, while a lot of Devil talk does irritate me, just like a lot of you, I still would argue, there is more to this Devil stuff than meets the eye, and is not to be fooled with. I suppose if we just ignore it, it will go away.

Rod P.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well I liked reading Rod's post, and I do believe that God and evil exists. But even though I believe that evil exists--I don't believe that every time I have a bad day or am upset by something, that it is because Satan is harrassing me. I know that there are people out there who are into black magic and witchcraft and all that.

I guess I just get irritated with my spouse. I love him dearly, but he spends hours reading the Bible every week and always blames problems in our life to Satan. This is what the JWs do and also a lot of Christians do this also. My husband is a person who has had a terrible childhood--at 10 years old he was taking a bus to buy groceries for his sickly mother and sister while his absent father was fooling around with other women, and his uncle spent several years sexually abusing him. So he had a very terrible childhood and no one was there for him. I think his mother was extremely religious and they attended a charismatic type of church.

Anyway I'm rambling on and getting off the subject. But what I am trying to relate is that I think my husband has personal demons he needs to deal with and he needs to take responsibility for the choices he's made in his life. I do believe in evil but like other people have posted, we all make choices and suffer the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit