Does Devil Talk Irritate You?

by love2Bworldly 30 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Me again--I enjoy some of your humorous posts, I tend to get serious sometimes.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I was at a graduation party not too long ago for a cousin and most of my family and extended family are dubs and i hear this conversation about demons attacking dubs and stuff flying around their houses and all sorts of just whacked out stuff. That's the stuff that really gets my eyes rolling, the demonic attacks and possessed Smurfs and so on. They just love to feel like they are walking point in God's infantry against the dark forces. Puhlease.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes it does irritate me because years ago some sisters went off the deep end about things being demonized, etc. One sister made trouble for a certain other person saying things in her house were demonized.

The truth is this person had psychological problems and whenever she had a problem she didn't look inward - what she did was look around to put the blame on something or someone else.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I tell him to stop because I know what I am doing and how to do it.

Brooke

• zulukai
    zulukai

Hey, Rod, what I've just read in your comments makes a LOT of sense to me. I beleive also that there IS a dark side, that there are entities anyone in their right mind would do well to avoid. Your mention of psychiatry prompts me to share a story. When spiritistic practises surged in the seventies,i.e.: "channeling" and other related satanic-cult stuff hospital ER's began to see a sharp spike in psychiatric admissions. Perhaps other nurses posting here can co-oborate my statements. In my home town hospital many years ago, a woman was admitted to our medical ward as psyche was full. My charge nurse came up to me and point blank asked me if I would take this admission as the other nurses were terrified of her.."and besides, you have had more experience with this stuff because of your background (meaning my JW past)" The young woman 's admission orders read "acute schizophrenic breakdown". So I was confused at the illusions the charge nurse had made to my experience until the admitting psychiatrist came to speak to me. He had been a child psychiatrist so I was quite startled to have him take me aside and tell me that he was part of the new area of his specialty which was to investigate whether or not people like this young woman were indeed mentally ill or "possessed". He told me he couldn't admit her under such an outlandish diagnosis but his preliminary workup showed she was not mentally ill....could I deal with that? To make a long story short I spent that night shift walking the halls and sitting with this poor girl and every time I looked into her eyes I saw a blackness in them you do not see even in the eyes of bonafide psych patients. It was a version of that saying...when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you. There were times I wanted to get up and run from her because "Someone" and it wasn't her, was looking back at me. The woman knew she needed help to get out of the horror story she was in and was on the verge of suicide to get out for good. I will NEVER forget those eyes. Incidently, the story she told me was later exposed in a magazine article written about the satanic cult activity in the city she had fled from!! As a witness I had been taught about the devil and all that...so I knew this woman was telling the truth. But I do recall that the dubs went overboard on the theme attributing every stupid human error of judgement to Satan and when I left I looked back on my time with them as proof positive, nevermind what I know now, that there really is a devil. Leaving the Borg was like leaving a coven for me...the clean feeling of having gotten rid of unspeakable evil was what I recall.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Oh my lord yes! Anytime my mother sees something black and red, she says its demonic. If it has flames - like cars or whatever- its demonic. Darth Maul in Episode 1 was a demon. Guns are demonic. And so is any music she deems innaproppriate (I'm not talking Marilyn Manson- I'm talking Gavin Degraw and John Mayer!!)

I get so sick of that sh!t. IF it rains on a saturday morning- its satan.

QUIT CREATING SITUATIONS AND MAKING THINGS WORSE THAN THEY ACTUALLY ARE!!!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    I get so sick of that sh!t. IF it rains on a saturday morning- its satan.

LOL....Oh Richerich...that's so funny. It reminds me of my sister!

Just to add a note for you Richierich...You are wise young man keep posting because I love reading what you have to say!

Brooke

• Swan
    Swan

I have fundamentalist co-workers who don't watch Lost because it has paranormal overtones. I worked for a state agency that put an end to Halloween celebrations because the Satanic connection might offend some citizenry.

As far as I am concerned, if there really was a devil, he and his demons would have caused far worse things on this earth before now. If Jah's angel can slay 185,000 soldiers in a single night, why is Satan piddling around making sure we catch the next red light? Why aren't things worse than they are? Why aren't Goodwill stores haunted with all of the possessed second hand items sitting around on the shelves? Why aren't there thousands of people daily reporting unexplained phenomena?

Tammy

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Rod P you make me laugh. I'm scared.... Not.

Nope, it's all a bunch of hooey.

• Rod P
    Rod P

ItsAllGoodNow,

Ummm. I wasn't trying to scare you.

If the Devil is not real to you, it's because he's like the elephant who paints his toenails red.

And why does the elephant paint his toenails red?

To hide in the strawberries.

Did you ever see an elephant in the strawberry patch?......No??

Hides pretty good, doesn't he!

To each their own!

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit