''YOU are my witnesses,'' Trump card (and comfort blanket)

by MidwichCuckoo 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Please forgive me for misquoting scripture but did'nt Jesus say "you will be witnesses of me to the most distant parts of the earth" or something to that effect. Would'nt that make them Jesus witnesses?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Your explanations and opinions have helped more than you know - many thanks.

Diamondblue : it makes me angry but more than that its embarassing when I look back...

Yep - that's the worst - when I am reminded that I used to believe and support things that I WAS really ignorant of.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Well Iglesia Ni Cristo make an identical claim that they are the only true church because they are the only ones that use the correct name. Forget that there are other Churches of Christ. (Cults don't have to go into details when they can hide behind their bogus authority)

The Armstrong sects claim that they are the one true church because they use the name "Curch of God".

Both of these groups use verses to back up their claims, just as jw's use that Isaiah verse. Same crap, different group of crazies.

You never are going to "refute" a dub on this or any other doctrine. There is no way to prove or disprove speculative matters of faith.

There is no way to make them say, "oh I see, my logic is flawed, I think I will leave my religion". It is important to defend yourself though.

Any one who deals with dubs regularly will need some good arguments to parry the thrust of "this is the truth, if you don't accept it, clearly you are full of bad motives" jw attitude.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Natrual Israelites = Jehovah's witnesses (Isaiah 43:10-12)

Natural Israelites = Spiritual Israelites (Galatians 6:16)

Jehovah's witnesses = (only) spiritual Israelites (144,000)

My compliments Blondie. You simply never give a bad post.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Isa 43:7 [Even] every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

if Jehovah were a real God, the JW might have a leg to stand on...however they are not the ONLY ones who are called by that name nor Yahweh...there are lots of little cults around doing this.

however since YHWH is just a jewish myth, the only people who can even remotely accept that JWs are his chosen are those who accept that this god is real.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I guess the simplest thing about that whole dumb argument they make is that nobody knows how to pronounce the name.

If it was that big of a deal for God, that everyone use his name, don't you think He would have made sure everyone knew how to say it!

Doesn't the fact that nobody knows how to say it, imply that it isn't a big deal to God, and the argument itself is completely bogus?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    ...however they are not the ONLY ones who are called by that name nor Yahweh...there are lots of little cults around doing this.

That is a great point! Do you have any sources?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Proof that this term cannot be limited to the anointed remnant of spiritual Israel can be seen from the fact that today there are more than two million worshipers of Jehovah who have an earthly hope and who truly are witnessing to their God, Jehovah.

It's amazing what some people will accept as proof!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

funkyderek - from my experience (today, re the 607 issue), FAITH is accepted as proof whereby history is rejected.

...however they are not the ONLY ones who are called by that name nor Yahweh...there are lots of little cults around doing this.

...and THIS is very interesting. And I believe you're right, C_Y_P - it's NO big deal for God, as there is only ONE True God. I've heard it said many times that using God's name is to distinguish him from other ''gods'' - but I actually don't KNOW any other (''real'') gods. ie, from GOD'S point there ARE no other gods...if you see what I mean

• yucca
    yucca

In Acts 1:8 Jeus says you will be witnesses of me to the uttermost part of the earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit