''YOU are my witnesses,'' Trump card (and comfort blanket)

by MidwichCuckoo 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Isaiah 43:9 Let the nations all be collected together at one place, and let national groups be gathered together. Who is there among them that can tell this? Or can they cause us to hear even the first things? Let them furnish their witnesses, that they may be declared righteous, or let them hear and say, ?It is the truth!?"

???

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Blondie - I can't find it.... help. When I originally posted this I had a Scripture (well, I think a Scripture - it was from the WT2004 library CDROM) about God (Jehovah) challenging the witnesses of other gods...

• JT
    JT

If just having the name is the key to being gods people then other groups can lay claim as well:

these group all claim like jw to serve and worship yahweh

http://www.yahwehbenyahweh.com/

http://www.yahweh.com/

www.TruthofYahweh.org

Welcome to

Servants of Yahweh

http://www.serveyahweh.org/

http://www.assembliesofyahweh.com/

• blondie
    blondie

Ah, Mid, I think that is what verse 9 is saying. God challenges the other gods to furnish their witnesses.

Did you want something other than that?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Thanks Blondie - I think you must be right - it doesn't look like what I saw yesterday - but I was doing a search for 'witnesses' on the CDROM, and I reckon what I must have been reading was an article from a WT expanding on this Scripture.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w95 9/1 p. 12 Witnesses Against the False God ***

Indeed, Jehovah made the liberation of Israel from Babylon into a trial of gods. He challenged the false gods of the nations to bring forth their witnesses, and he named Israel as his witness. (Isaiah 43:9, 12)

w88 2/1 p. 15 The Universal Court Case That Involves You ***

Thus, as though addressing a court, Jehovah says: "Let the nations all be collected together at one place, and let national groups be gathered together. . . . Let them furnish their witnesses, that they may be declared righteous, or let them hear and say, ?It is the truth!?" (Isaiah 43:9) This is a direct challenge to the gods of the nations. Can any of them tell what is in the future? Were they able to do this in the past? Can they find anyone to bear witness with solid evidence that such gods have proved to be true, worthy of our loyalty? What record have the gods of the nations, and their followers, produced in our time? Has it been any better than what the gods of the ancient Egyptians, Assyrians, and Babylonians produced? On the other hand, have those who bear witness to Jehovah produced solid evidence that Jehovah is the true God, the only One worthy of our worship?

w88 2/1 p. 16 Will You Be a Witness for the True God? ***

A

Challenge to Other Gods

Jehovah inspired Isaiah to record this challenge to all other gods: "Who is there among them [the gods of the nations and peoples] that can tell this [accurate prophecy]? Or can they cause us to hear even the first things [that will happen in the future]? Let them [as gods] furnish their witnesses, that they [as gods] may be declared righteous, or let them [the peoples of the nations] hear and say, ?It is the truth!?" (Isaiah 43:9) Thus Jehovah challenges all the gods that people worship to prove that they are gods. Their witnesses should produce evidence that their gods are reliable and worthy of being worshiped.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

#1. Its silly to think God picks people depending on when they are born and not on their heart condition. Its even sillier for a bunch of foolish men to tell God when he should stop picking.

More like JW originators closing up the gates of Heaven so they won't enter and no one else can.

#2. A witness is someone who can testify on something seen or heard first hand.

I doubt the GB has seen or heard much of anything while hiding in NY. They claim to hear stuff but its never right. Most of the old heads were 20 or so when they became Bible Students and never grew out of their juvenile foolishness.

#3. Why bring Jesus into a conversation dealing with JWs?

He's insignificant in their minds, they ignore him altogether, jump the chain-of-command, and go straight to being witnesses of Jah. Never mind that sacrifice or heavenly arrangement business.

#4. How long did it take for JW bosses to include the word "Christian" in their title?

People. They (the bosses) don't want to be Christians, Christianity implores way too much freedom of mind. They want to be something of a mixture of Free Masons in accordance with Canonical Judaic Law.

They want to Lord. You can't Lord over free people, so forget the Christ stuff, its too nice for them. The only way to do such is to ignore being a witness of, gasp, Christ and go for reverting to an ancient Israelite; which allows small minds to behave like the priesthood saying," we still need sacrifices you sinners".

• Lieu
    Lieu

How can one fix their sanity (claiming to be Christian) to just jump over Christ and claim to be witnesses of God? If you aren't witnesses of the Son, I doubt seriously you are witnesses of the Father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit