''YOU are my witnesses,'' Trump card (and comfort blanket)

by MidwichCuckoo 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bennyk
    bennyk

"Drunk" Rutherford's 1936 accomplishment (the book "Riches") states twice that "Jehovah's witnesses" are spirit-anointed. [can't give page numbers - am nowhere near the book, now] Seventy years ago, there was no official two-class system of Christians: the "Jonadabs" were not considered to be Christians until somewhat later.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    "Drunk" Rutherford's 1936 accomplishment (the book "Riches") states twice that "Jehovah's witnesses" are spirit-anointed.

even if they dont know it (^_^)

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

if you read tho isa. chap. 42-45 you can see that isa 43;10 is talking about the jews are witnesses that god took them out of egypt. now i can't remember when god took the wt out of the hands of pharaoh.. as you read on inthese verses you find god barking at the jews for being bad witnesses and being unfaithful. after all god did for them. this is strictly for the isrealites. all you have to do is read a few chapters with any jw.s and go over each point . they will melt. john

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

There's a few verses in the Bible (I saw earlier, but can't find them now) about Jehovah challenging ''witnesses'' to other ''gods''

• Finder
    Finder

They are 'Jehovah's Witnesses' only in name. What they turely are "Satan's Witnesses".

• VM44
    VM44

If only spiritual Israel (the annoited) are Jehovah's Witnesses, the the DF/DA annoucement in the new "Organized to do Jehovah's Will" (as if they knew!) book doesn't make sense.

According to that book, when a person leaves (by choice or not) the congregation, an announcement is made "[Name of Person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

This now doesn't make any sense, for if the person was not of the annoited, then he NEVER was a Jehovah's Witness to begin with!

Is the Watchtower trying to delibrately be inconsistent?

--VM44

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

VM44 - that's a BRILLIANT (technical) point!

• hmike
    hmike

So the WT believes they are witnesses of Jehovah.

The early disciples were told they would be witnesses of Jesus.

The WT wants to follow in the footsteps of the early disciples, right?

So why don't they conclude that Jesus is Jehovah God?

It's perfect Watchtower logic.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I can't thank you all enough - your input means a lot to me. I am still trying to find the Scripture where God challenges ''witnesses'' of other/false gods.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I'm a little Witness short and stout, here is my handle here is my spout..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit