I feel so angry!

by Ellie 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• QCA1
    QCA1

Ellie you have every reason to be angry, i hope your brother makes a stand because of this.

By the way where abouts in england are you from, i am in the nottingham area.

qca1

• clementine
    clementine

(((Ellie))) I feel just the same way at the moment... I've never been baptized either. My best friend is JW, and recently, she had warnings because she went on meeting me. This hurt me a lot, and just like you, I feel angry... it's so unfair!!!! I hope she'll be able one day to see that the only thing I want is her happiness, and not her misfortune... and i hope your brother will be able of this too...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Sorry to hear about this Ellie; Your mum has been brainwashed but you would think your brother could choose who he spends time with at 24 years old wouldnt you.

This must make you very angry ((((Ellie))))

DB74

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ellie -

Sorry for what you are dealing with now - so common!

Once, while wifey and I were still in, and the child was currently outed as 'an unbaptized publisher', due to conduct; a young sister in the hall stopped by the house due to a raging storm to seek refuge on her way home. She called 'mommy dearest' to let her know she was safe at our house and would be home shortly when the storm subsided. I could here her Mom yelling through the phone from way across the room "YOU GET OUT OF THERE - RIGHT NOW" It was as if she expected that our daughter would impart demons directly to hers.

Even at the time it seemed far from normal to us - but as we look back it is amazing how looney some of these fanatics are!!

Wish you well,

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So he did what your mother said and went home?

Josie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

i can relate to your feelings of anger, totally. However, because you are dealing with people that are adults and are capable of their own decisions, you have to abide by what your brother does. The religion has total contro over your brothers and mothers' feelings, and that is just the truth.

You can choose to let it get you down, or you can rise above it. It's hard when your family is stuck in it, but you can only do so much, and then it's up to them

CG

• FairMind
    FairMind
    He is 24 years of age

That means he is old enough to make his own decisions.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

This happened to me in my teens. My mother romved my visiting rights to my dissfellowshiped sister.

As much as I love my mother, she definately used to religion as a controlling mechanism.

steve

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Theres one word for this in my opinion- 'pathetic'. Ive got family in the 'truth', and the way they have treated me is very much the same. What has ticked me off more than ever is the fact that they are always blowing hot and cold. One minute they want to talk to me then they 'cant' etc. So i want to make a point now that im the one not interested in them!

Pathetic, pathetic pathetic!!!

• Grace
    Grace

My observation is that many "faithful" witnesses do this type of thing to feel superior. After all, what else do they have? False doctines, no hope of true Christ-like behavior, no education ~ they are pathetic, empty people. My JW husband and I (I am disassociated) have been invited to a wedding this summer, but the non-JW girl's JW grandmother pulled the, "I won't go if Grace goes..." crap. Why? To feel superior because they are so empty inside. That's my take on it and I see it happening this way over and over again.

Grace to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit