I feel so angry!

by Ellie 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ellie
    Ellie

Not really much point to this except I want to vent some anger but yesterday my little brother came round to my house for lunch, he is studying and living at the house of my JW sister, I myself have never been baptized so am not disfellowshipped but they all (with the exception of my little brother) treat me as though I where.

Anyway, my little brother came round for lunch and the next thing my JW mum phones my house, asks to speak to my brother and gives him a telling off for being at my house because I'm bad association, and tells him that he has to spend more time with the members of the congregation.

He tries to explain to her that the members of the congregation don't want to know him, that he is sick of making an effort to be friendly with them when they just ignore him.

Anyway, it finished with her telling him he is to go straight back to my sisters house and not see me again.

He is 24 years of age, surely its up to him if he wants to come to my house!

Sorry, I know there is no point to this, but I just wanted to let off some steam!

• kls
    kls
    Anyway, it finished with her telling him he is to go straight back to my sisters house and not see me again.Anyway, it finished with her telling him he is to go straight back to my sisters house and not see me again.

How pathetic that your own brother wants to see you but your own mom tells him to stay away,but the good part is that your bro maybe on his way out of the cult.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Ellie))))) How unnatural for a mother to behave that way! I hope your brother sees the difference between what he is being taught and what he is seeing with his own eyes.

Hugs,

Nina

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Ellie,

Your moms brainwashed. It's to bad but that's the truth of the matter. Remind her next time that her days coming. She positively will not live to see anything but her own end. She should cherish time with you.

btw your anger is well founded

Dismembered

Cripes!

• fifi
    fifi

Hi Ellie,

Like you said it's up to him whether he wants to come to your house or not. Be glad that he made the choice to do so and maybe this call from your mom will really be an eye-opener for him.

Hugs,

Fifi

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

*hugs*
    sorry to hear about this...at least it sounds like your bro is getting the picture //sw

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    He tries to explain to her that the members of the congregation don't want to know him, that he is sick of making an effort to be friendly with them when they just ignore him.

Hi Ellie,

I had three boys that used to tell me the same thing. I had two girls that were just the opposite...never had any problems making friends. But I know my boys' frustration at this, and they actually never felt as comfortable with JWs as they did with the neighborhood kids.(They were nice kids and used to come down to our place to shoot hoops and hang out)

It is human nature to spend your time around people that you feel at ease with and have things in common with. I understand that the WTS wants the JWs to spend any "spare time" they might be able to squeeze out, with other JWs.

What that really has to do with one's devotion to God is in the minds of a controlling book publishing business who are in desperate need of keeping the JWs away from anyone that doesn't support them or their views.

It's nice to see that your brother and you are that close. That should be celebrated and cherished---not squashed down or have a wedge put between you. There are enough problems in families, especially with siblings, and most Moms would be thrilled to have their kids get along as you two do. I'm glad to hear that your brother is not a minor and doesn't really have to be subjected to dealing with this nonsense.

Annie

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Hi Ellie! I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I really think you should take the opportunity to write your mom a long letter about how important 'family' is to you and the community. Leave the JW stuff out and give her something to think about. Just a thought.

(((((((((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))))))))

Tam

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Hi Ellie:

Sorry that you have to go through this, but am happy that you do have someone to share your feelings with.

How different is the love jws preach from the love they display.

What's amazing is the fact that in spite of all this, regardless of whether your mother and sister leave the WTS, you and so many of their percieved enemies would gladly welcome them with open arms and hearts.

Just remember that even though painful, this will at some point pass.

Until then, best wishes!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Ellie, I am so sorry. Of all the things that I hate the most, this one tops it. The way the WTS causes people to do something unnatural, divide one's own family.

I hope your brother will see this as an example of there not being real love and avoid babtism and most of all, continue to have you in his life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit