Monogamy - true or false?

by Stephen John Gault 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Recognizing that monogamy was nowhere proscribed in the Bible other than "Elders should be the husband of one wife" in the same breath as "hospitable" and "able to teach", how do you ex-jw's regard monogamy? And is what's good for the goose, good for the gander? And are you prepared to tell your partner about your non-monogamous nature and allow her/him the same latitude? How do you live with integrity while professing monogamy, assuming you don't masturbate and don't fantasize about anyone other than your wife/partner when you do?

• kls
    kls

I am confused with all these questions and why you are asking ?

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Having met several ex-jw couples in places like Hedonism III, I wondered if there was a common thread. Having observed the lies and deceit, covering affairs for years prior to my departure from teh org, I wondered if the departed have come to better insights and whether the deceit is perpetuated, but just under a different banner?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

SJG,

I am sure that the whiplash of sudden freedom has caused quite a few ex-JWs to explore Hedonism. I would be surprised if many have not dabbled or gone in full tilt for spiritism. These may just be reactive responses to the end of a high-control cultic-actvity centered lifestyle, trying things they always wanted to try but were too afraid to try as JWs, for fear someone might find out.

I can only speak for myself, and while I am sure SeattleNiceGuy would be quick to point out that monogamy sucks for the purposes of species perpetuation, I have never had a desire to date or pair with more than one woman at a time. I have always had that desire, as far back as I can remember, but only with one girl at a time.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    only with one girl at a time

that's called serial monogamy

• kls
    kls
    have always had that desire, as far back as I can remember, but only with one girl at a time.

Notice OldSoul didn't mention monkeys

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Oldsoul - ever fantasized about anyone other than your girl of the time?

• blondie
    blondie
    I am sure that the whiplash of sudden freedom has caused quite a few ex-JWs to explore Hedonism. I would be surprised if many have not dabbled or gone in full tilt for spiritism. These may just be reactive responses to the end of a high-control cultic-actvity centered lifestyle, trying things they always wanted to try but were too afraid to try as JWs, for fear someone might find out.

I guess a few people might react that way but all the JWs that I know that have left the WTS, have not gone done the hedonistic road. Divorced the current spouse and found another ONE but that is all.

Blondie

• z
    z

OldSoul 1 girl at the time what?s wrong with you man? the more you have the longer you live or the quicker she will kill you

• gumby
    gumby
    And are you prepared to tell your partner about your non-monogamous nature and allow her/him the same latitude? How do you live with integrity while professing monogamy, assuming you don't masturbate and don't fantasize about anyone other than your wife/partner when you do?

I don't need to tell my partner about my "non-monogamous nature. " My wife see's cakes and pies and chocolate everyday....but she's got the sense to tell herself if she eats what she would like to eat she'll get a big huge fatass.

People do the same who are married when they see others who look nice that are not their mates.It would be fun and pleasurable....but the consequences of unfaithfulness prevent them. Regardless of whether monogamy has gods opinion on it or not......screwin around when your married produces bad fruit.

As for masterbating and fanticising about others when you have a spouse/mate.....I wouldn't say either of these show a lack of integrity to the other mate.......it's kinda normal. I'm like the only guy on this planet who only thinks about his wife and NEVER spanks his damn monkey......................................................................................................................cept for sometimes

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit