Monogamy - true or false?

by Stephen John Gault 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Grumblestiltskin:

Nah, it's 11.15am here but, yes, the turban's still there!

Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

11:15 eh? Kinda weird. It's 6:17 pm here in the western states. I'm about ready for a nap so I can stay up and watch the funny stuff on tv tonight that starts about 8. I'm a wuss...ain't I ?

You feeling ok?

Gumby

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    For those advocating monogamy, do you know when that was imposed on humans and why? Non-monogamyst and even polygamyst societies are still prevalent, just not in the Judeo-Christian circles. Why is that? Has anyone questioned the rule, before they condemn and destroy those who's human nature defies this imposed of late, artificial existence? I find it particularly curious, that the 70% cheating males should also exist within this Board, yet none other than one gay guy spoke about his "infidelity". Me thinks, people are still living the same, but only slightly different lies they lived as J

That's the thoughts of a wishful man. If you go back and look at the writings of a lot of polygamists, you will find that their lives are very hard. The women are jealous of each other and it makes for a very combative household. Most men woudl LIKE that they could sleep with lots of different women every night, but if youre single you don't have to live or deal with them. If you have LOTS of wives, I am very positive, if not certain, that their lives are filled with lots of stress and fights. Not just from the competition of other wives, but just the stress of supporting all of those wives and their children.

But the Mormons have it all worked out: they just rely on the state. It's very disgusting that they (the polygamists_) say that they support all their children and their wives. However, it's mostly known in polygamous societies that after the first wife all the subsequent wives are just "concubines." They are wives in the sense that they fulfill a wifely roll toward their husband, but they are not "legal" in the sense that they are not entitled to the same rights as a wife would be. THeir husband cannot support them, and they are single, unwed mothers, so the state supports them and their children. They live on welfare and live in houses that the state/federal government provides for them because they classify them as single, unwed mothers. And they don't disagree...

So.. if you think that being a husband of several wives is easy, you better think again. I think it's stupid and women who subject themselves to such an arrangement need help and they need to realize that it's just a way for men to get lots of strange.

CG

• gumby
    gumby

Yeah CountryGirl...but....but.....but would it be ok if you girls could oneday be stepford wives and never be pissed at us guys who was playin nasty with both neighbors? You'd just call up the neighbor lady and say......"tell John his lunch is ready? Guys could still have one wife they loved that wasn't a stepford one.....the problem is......getting the real wife to let you sleep with the stepford ones. And........... then...a..... then...............................................oh never mind, I just woke from a nap and ain't coherant yet.

*wonders if he had a nasty dream*

Gumby

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Country girl, you quoted me but never answered any of the questions.

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

Note, the opposite of monogamy is not polygamy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit