Pea up his nose!

by pennycandy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

My neice was 2 when she stuck tic tacs up her nose. My sister-in-law had a freak fit, and we spent the better part of a day in the ER only to have the physician tell us that it would eventually melt and not to worry.....My neice is 20 now, and I can't wait to tell the story at her wedding..hahahahaha

Dee

• moanzy
    moanzy

Just thought I would tell you my 3 yr old just put a sea shell in her ear about 3 weeks ago. I didn't know she had done it. I took her to the doctor because she was crying telling me she had a headache. When I took her in her one eardrum was ready to burst, but when he looked in the other ear he found a shell lodged in it..

My 6 yr old said she must have had 2 in there because she pulled one out a couple of days before. When we asked her why she did it she said she was trying to hear the ocean.

Moanzy

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

my nephew stuck a sunflower seed up his nose when he was a little kid. My sister took him to ther emergency room. After a long while, the doctor had it almost all the way out, and my nephew snorted...back up the nose it went. My sister said the doctor was quite mad.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    They had to operate on him to remove the peanut from his lung. He got over it ok, but it was pretty darn scary, especially with the risk of infection .

A peanut in a lung is very caustic to the lung.

When our youngest was 18 months he aspirated a peanut (post choking on it). While he was under anesthesia, they saw the peanut through the scope, but when they went to retreve it, it wasn't there. The doctor assumed it flew out when the scope was removed due to the pressure behind the peanut. Anyway, the sad thing was, he went into a severe asthma attack and had to be on a respirator for 3 days. (He was medically sedated) But it took several years for his lung/lungs to recover. Very scary.

Anyway, he is now a very healthly, happy 17 year old training to be a fireman. So babies do grow up and life does go one.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Let's hear an update, pennycandy! Did you take your baby to the doctor yet?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    my nephew stuck a sunflower seed up his nose when he was a little kid. My sister took him to ther emergency room. After a long while, the doctor had it almost all the way out, and my nephew snorted...back up the nose it went. My sister said the doctor was quite mad.

If I was the Dr I would have said: Well, if you want it so bad, you can keep it!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I remember my Brother was 4 or 5 and stuck a Noodle up his nose. It would not come out. I was about 6 or7 and I took the vaccum and put it over his nose to get it out. It worked but took awhile.

Where was our parents?

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit