Pea up his nose!

by pennycandy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ya got a Wet-Dry Vac available?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Else...don't joke like that. I saw someone do that to their kids ear. Didn't do a whole lot for the ear drum. But it did get the Lego piece out. People really do some odd things.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

hehe... Penny is my cousin and I trust she's smart enough NOT to do it.

Maybe find a hungry grass snake? They're small enough to fit up the nose!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Grass Snake !!! Now you're talking !!! I want to see a video of that....LOL

• fairchild
    fairchild

Evilforce, tsk, tsk, tsk.. You've already put 3 replies in this thread and you jumped ahead of me with your post count. I am supposed to win our race to two thousand posts. I order you to slow down, until I'm all caught up again. Hahahahahahaha.

Pennycandy and elsewhere are related? For real? How cool. How is the little one doing? I am wondering if a hot bath would help. Just a thought..

• bisous
    bisous

my daughter stuck a peanut up her nose when she was around 2. We ended up in emergency for hours, they tried tweezers, suction, everything but she was such a screaming ball of fight that they finally had to strap her down and get these long forcep-y things. About 12 hours later, we left...her with a bright red schnozz and me a wreck!

she is now 25 and remembers it all like yesterday!

• Jade
    Jade

Wow this brings back memories. My son did the exact same thing and I had to take him to the pediatrician to get it out.

One of my brothers stuck a black eyed pea up his nose without my mom knowing it. She said that is sprouted before she realized something was wrong. I also had a friend whose little girl stuck a barbie shoe up her nose. Both required a visit to the doctor to get them out.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    She said that is sprouted before she realized something was wrong.

ROTFLMAO!

*snort*

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Update:

GREAT suggestions, guys! You'll be happy to know I didn't try any of them, except the pepper.

I tried to look again a couple hours later and it was gone. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm going to call his dr tomorrow and double-check I know what to keep an eye out for in case he sucked it in instead of out.

The joys of motherhood . . .

• Rod P
    Rod P

pennycany,

Very important the doctor checks this to be safe. You need to be sure the pea hasn't slipped down deeper, which can also cause infections.

I have to tell you about a little boy who put a peanut up his nose. It went all the way up and down the back of his throat, and actually found its way into his lungs. They had to operate on him to remove the peanut from his lung. He got over it ok, but it was pretty darn scary, especially with the risk of infection .

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit