• JH
    JH

Rat is goin a bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• kls
    kls

Happy dreams Rat

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Golden girl, you put it all in perspective. I am sorry for your loss! We all need to stop and smell the roses...sometimes they are even dandelions, but they are worth a whiff too! I truly hope you are doing OK on your own,

AuntieJ

• fairchild
    fairchild
    We all need to stop and smell the roses...sometimes they are even dandelions, but they are worth a whiff too!

They are also great for making wine, my dear.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Talk about vicious and Cruel MOnkey you take the cake,

GEe Whiz Rat Don't TAke no Crap FRom MOnkeY sHe is a RotTON StinkIN MOnKey..... See what I am telling you Rat she Can't be trusted. She sneaks into your house takes your poor scared kat and volia its gone. She has a vendetta out for CATS, especially me. Do you know one...?? If not I will sent you a name of a good seekeeatrist okay??

And least of all don't let her look after kitty kat while at opposetofest you'll end up with bbq kitten.sheeskabob. how terrible Monkey need serious help...

or worse yet she could leave him outside and the wolves will get him. Do trust MOnkeY this is Wise Words of Wisdome. I will let my brother Montgomery look after your puddy tat here is piccy of him so you can see he is not afeard of you know WHO...

Trust me I am a kitty...I know what its like to be hair assed.

Go to festopost and not worry about it okay ?? You puddy tat will not look like this I promise.

love your true friend. Orangefatcat

• kls
    kls

See ,i told you all that OFC loves me ,hee hee i can just feel the love ,can you feel it brothers and sisters ,,,,,,,i can

She loves me ,she loves me not , she loves me ,she loves me not, ,,,, see she loves me

• z
    z

Kls

• Rod P
    Rod P

Listening to all the Woe is me's on this thread (mainly the weather), I would like to share a true story from here in Canada.

A man got a bill from the Income Tax Department. He could pay it, but it took all the money he had. So he wrote them a nine page letter, telling them all the hard-luck tragedy that had befallen him over the past year. He had been seriously ill, his wife died, he lost his truck in an accident, his dog died, he lost his job, etc. etc. After nine pages of this, he concluded...."And now you want to hit me with this income tax bill that will take all that I have. You might as well just take the shirt off my back. As a matter of fact, enclosed herewith is the shirt off my back."

He used his shirt as a cheque. He wrote everything on the back of the shirt- Pay to the Order of: Revenue Canada. Date. Amount (written in body and figures). And he signed it, just like a cheque. The tax department actually cashed the cheque, and the shirt found it's way back to his bank branch, the money was deducted from his account, and the shirt was included in his bank statement as a cancelled cheque.

There was another actual case of a Cattle Rancher who was having financial difficulties, and had to pay a big income tax bill. The rancher cut off a big steak from one of the cattle he had just butchered, and filled it out as a cheque, and delivered it to the tax department. The tax department actually cashed this "steak cheque" right away. The bank accepted it, but they rushed it to a cooler so it wouldn't spoil. The cheque got cashed and ultimately was charged against his account. (I know this to be true, because I was working for the bank at the time, and it was in our bank newsletter.)

Rod P.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    A man got a bill from the Income Tax Department. He could pay it, but it took all the money he had. So he wrote them a nine page letter, telling them all the hard-luck tragedy that had befallen him over the past year. He had been seriously ill, his wife died, he lost his truck in an accident, his dog died, he lost his job, etc. etc. After nine pages of this, he concluded...."And now you want to hit me with this income tax bill that will take all that I have.

That is so very sad. I can't believe they took his money. They could have suggested he pays a little each month, making it such a small amount (like $10) that it wouldn't have hurt him financially. When I started reading this, I was thinking and hoping that the story would have had a happy ending but it didn't. So sad..

• Rod P
    Rod P

fairchild,

This was around 1962. It is a lot different now, as making payment arrangements are much more acceptable now than they were back then.

A few years previous to that, the Income Tax Dept. was so predatory, that it became a travesty. It was during the First World War that Canada introduced a temporary Income Tax legislation, to help finance the war. Of course, this "temporary" tax turned into a permanent tax to this day.

But because this was not universally known, there were a number of immigrant farmers who could hardly speak and write English, let alone understand about Income Tax obligations. Many farmers were just not aware after 30 and 40 years later, that the income tax legislation applied to them. So then the Income Tax Dept. started to catch up with a number of these farmers, and audited them. Even though these farmers were just getting by, they still earned income, built basic herds, acquired machinery and farm assets, etc. - they were actually in a taxable position. So, if you do not file for 30 or 40 years, you suddenly find yourself owing not only back taxes, but penalties and interest compounded annually over that whole time. This produces financial disaster, given the effect of compound interest.

Anyway, there was this European immigrant farmer who was being audited. At the end of the audit, he was assessed an amount for more than his farm and other assets were worth. With his broken English, he said to the tax auditor "Please mister, what I do. I just hard working farmer. I no have the money....." They immediately put his farm up for auction.

On the day of the auction, the people came from miles around, and bought up everything. The land and buildings were also sold. This poor farmer stood there quietly and watched the whole proceedings of the auction. Then he quietly walked out to the barn and put a shotgun to his head and pulled the trigger. This thing hit the newspapers, and there was a huge public outcry about the carte blanche powers of the income tax department. The politicians enacted new laws to restrict such powers, and they have never dared to treat people like that again. (Fingers crossed.)

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit