Can any one tell me ?

by Angry 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

G'day Angry,

Im not really a Jehovah's witness but i like to help the ex-jws through their times of struggle and just plain chit-chat on forum sites.

I am against childrens rights being abused and it sounds like well I've gathered that your rights as a child have been abused by the org.

Ive heard stories of parents 'disiplining' their children and calling it "godly love" did something like that happen to you?

I don't know whether you still have faith in god or not but this scripture might help...

"For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me up." Psalms 27:10 Here are a few options to recovery, firstly if you want to talk to a counsellor which I think is important if you are suicidal then go to http://www.newhopenow.org/ Secondly some people use jokes to help recover so maybe try looking at this site here, http://www.virushead.net/jwhumor.html Thirdly you can try talking to people from other christian religions and look at their veiw on god, the jw religion is very different from other christian religions try this forum site, http://forums.catholic.com/ you will find a lot of understanding on this site for most of the people here have been through similar situations so welcome angry i'm sure you'll fit in quite fine here! :) Evanescence

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dear Evan...

What a nice person you are. I'm sure not only will ANGRY benefit from your words, so will many others.

and I have'nt met you before so welcome and hope to see more posts from you.

all the best

love orangefatcat

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

((((Angry))))

You are good for all of us. You help us to be reminded of why we need to stay and help out those in the initial stages of coping. Your anger is normal. I doubt a single exJW didn't go through a period of intense bitterness over the wasted time and energy that they will never get back and the horrible physical and emotional beatings.

Don't think you are just taking from the group without giving back. Reminding us why we're here for you is a gift, in a way. Thank you for being bold enough to share your frustration, pain, and anger. And welcome!!!

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Rod P
    Rod P

Angry,

One of my favorite mottos is:

"I don't get angry; I get even!"

I don't suggest you should never feel anger. We all feel it, and it is entirely understandable. But after a while, when it feels more like you have things under reasonable control, then you can begin to stir your "creative juices". You can start to think of ways to channel your anger into some things that will allow you to release that anger, that energy, into something constructive. The anger becomes the engine that drives your creativity. And how do you get even? By taking your knowledge, your experiences, your insights that you have gained from having to experience what the WBTS/GB, thru the Elders, etc. have meted out to you, and share it with others. You do not let them get away with the things they did to you without them having to pay a price.

You reveal to the world the injustices, the inconsistencies, the unilateral acts of judgment and condemnation being carried on in the name of Jehovah and "truth", the lies, the cover-ups, the manipulations, the false prophesies, the changing doctrines, etc, etc. It all should be exposed for everyone to see. It should be shouted from the housetops, rather than allow ourselves to become victimized, licking our wounds, and suffering in silence in the corner of our little world.

Take your little pebble and drop it in the pond. See the little ripples in the water. Now I will drop my little pebble in the pond, as we both watch the ripples. Then let's both drop our little pebbles in the pond, and see how many more ripples this creates. Notice that after every so many ripples, some of yours intersect with mine, and create "standing waves". Now suppose dozens of us dropped our pebbles collectively into this pond. Those little ripples start to turn into big waves. They become bigger and bigger, until everyone else starts to notice. Pretty soon, a lot of others get the point, and they start dropping in their pebbles too. The waves get still bigger. And so on.

So you see, your little pebble is important. It really counts. And that's how you constructively "Get even".

All the best!

Rod P.

• Angry
    Angry

Oh my gosh, i totally forgot about this thread i started untill just now. Thankyou so much for everybody's assurance and encouragment.Oh yeah,rod your illustration was quite helpful.I can tell that you must of been in the J.W's awhile,am I right?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Angry please use this board when you are frustrated and whatnot. We all feel your pain.

However, if you feel the need you might need additional / professional help too. Being suicidal and depressed needs medical intervention.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Angry, you will find there are so many hear who can totally related to what you are feeling. All of our circumstances are different but we have a bond as well. We understand the pain of shunning, of losing loved ones.

This board for many of us has been a huge help in our healing because it helps to talk to people who really understand. And we do.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    All that comes to mind are flashes of bits and pieces of my life

I have the same thing happen. It is as if most of my life as a JW was blocked out the way traumatic events are blocked out. Every now and then something will trigger a flood of memories that I had long sense forgotten.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    One of the first things that happened to me when I left the JWs was the extreme amount of anger that I felt towards them, God, and myself. It does get better with time.

Jeff,

Yup, I felt exactly the same things. I still feel stupid for swallowing all the lies.

Angry,

We're glad you're here!!! You will be able to laugh, cry, vent and sympathize with many others here. This board is worth millions in therapy bills! There is no substitute for someone else who understands exactly where you're coming from, and THIS is the place!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit