Did you ever experience Holy Spirit?

by Ring Wielder 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

I was a JW for 40 years. Although as an individual/cong/body of elders holy spirirt was prayed for, i cannot think of one moment when I thought..right now I have Gods spirit acting upon me.

It was never described adequately for me to completely understand and I suspect that others felt the same, yet everyone talked as though they knew exactly how it worked. Was I the only one? Did you ever 'know' when you were under the influence of The Holy Spirit?

• Sith
    Sith

I was a DUmB for 22 years and the only spiritual influence I saw over any JW was the spirit of Jim and Jack and Bud

• Gordy
    Gordy

Yes I thought the same way.

In prayer you asked for the HS but there was never any feeling that it was operating in any way. At meetings everything was set out on what to do, whether Public Talk, WT study, TMschool, service meeting, book study. We basically followed what the script said, no deviation allowed.

We followed along in our Watchtower magazines etc, answered the questions from the paragraphs. Was any member of the congregation ever moved by HS to say something else to give an insight into what was being discussed.

Then at the end of a meeting a brother in prayer would thank Jehovah for his HS being on the meeting!!

• skyman
    skyman

Jack Daniels Saturday night. Bud light Sunday and Whiskey Sour Wednesday night. Very good Spirits that what I have to say, but HOLY? YA, I would say HOLY. No on the real side of life never have I felt the Holy Spirit.

• aniron
    aniron

Similar to RW and Gordy.

I never knew if the HS was supposed to operate on us as a congregation or as individuals. If anything went wrong in the congregation it was because something was blocking "Jehovahs spirit". Knowing some of the things that went on in the congregation, its a wonder we ever received the HS.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I recieved confirmation (sacrament where you receive the holy spirit)

be blessed with the gifts of the holy spirit courage, wisdom, reverence, Knowledge, understanding, wonder & awe and Right judgement.

and umoungst these are the 12 fruits of the holy spirit,

Charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self control, chastity.

Do you not know that you are gods temple and the holy spirit dwells within you?

Be sealed with the holy spirit

The holy spirit guides you within your life and helps you to say things when you cannot think of what to say.

Evanescence,

Sorry I went all lubby dubby christian on you!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Yep, I've experiences Holy Spirit. You have this euphoric feeling when excited amongst other blessed people.

This happens often with non JW 'hethen types', and its to do with the adrenal gland excreting its stuff.

steve

• Honesty
    Honesty

Every day.... after I left the JW cult !!!

• talesin
    talesin

Congrats, Evanescence ! I'm happy for you, it's a big step. You can go all lubby dubby christian on us anytime. :)

No, never experienced anything spiritual while growing up JW, except the bond I still have with nature, and that has nothing to do with their holy spirit claptrap.

t

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Yes I did feel the 'prompting' of the Holy Spirit as a JW. And although I didn't realize it at the time, it was the Holy Spirit that brought me out of the Watchtower organization. It culminated that part of my life when I was baptized with the Holy Spirit (and THAT you do feel) in Nov 1995.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit