Did you ever experience Holy Spirit?

by Ring Wielder 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I was trapped as a dub until I escaped at 17. In that time, I never experienced Holy Spirit. But I did find myself occasionally thinking "Holy Shit!"

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Who said they went all lubby bubby christian?????

lol, Loubelle!

I was born and lived life depressed, I had depression in hereditry and life problems. But when I recieved confirmation the holy spirit helped me out of my dark hole. At the time I didn't think much of god or knew him very well either.

But something was guiding me, the holy spirit made come to the realisation of god. I prayed to him and he drew close to me, since then my life has been going up hill. I wasn't aware of my depression at the time either, but I sat down one night and felt the need to let out my feelings, so I wrote a poem titled "Falling Kingdom" and I drew a picture of how I felt as well. It was a picture of me, I was very small and I was lost in a fog.

The next day I don't know why but I took the poem and picture and showed the counsellor. The counsellor by seeing the picture and reading the poem understood how I felt and knew that I needed help. She didn't understand what made me come to see her. She asked "did a friend told you to see me or did your parents tell you to see me?" I replied no to both of them and she said "Its unusual for not many people go to the counsellor volinaraly at your age" I was led there by the holy spirit. I wasn't very conscious on what i was doing at the time, something just led me there.

The school counsellor led me to the youth counsellor and the youth counsellor took me to the proffesional counsellor.

What I benefited from by these counselling appointments was I became aware of my depression. It helped a great deal to gain understanding on it.

But what helped me overcome my depression though was Gods love. I knew more and more about him. I looked at websites about him one was www.growinginchrist.com I looked at heaps!

Through My depression I grew spiritually stronger and I've become a better person!

There have been other situations when I was guided by the holy spirit.

The holy spirit never leaves you!

And to all those who posted stuff about the good and bad stuff that happens in life have a look at hebrews chapter 12

Do any of you ex-jw's think that maybe it was the holy spirit that guided you out of the organisation?

Sure It would of caused a lot of pain, but God is willing to help you with your burdens and pain for you are all his precious children.

Through adversity we can triumph.

Evanescence (Lubby Dubby Christian)

Please don't all turn into sharks on me and rip my head off!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tetra:Methinks you have me pigeonholed, yourself, at the very least as an aggressor

I've not pigeonholed you, at all, my friend (I can't stand folks doing that, and I resist it vigorously in myself). I was merely asking for an explanation of how you arrived at your conclusions, especially the broad brushstrokes of the reasons for others' experience.

The 'process' of your exit from the WTS was similar to my own, however you had a number of different experiences and arrived at certain different conclusions.
    I'm not condemning that difference, I'm applauding it!

Thanks for the list of references, especially your source.

If I may just rise to your challenge per "supernatural" definitions. I would define "natural" as that which is observable with the five senses (hence clearly the realm of science) but "super"natural as extending this. An off-topic example would be a shared dream where certain facts were verified later.

Steve:
    If you were refering to me, with that accolade, then I must confess that it's wholey undeserved. IMHO I'm not a patch on either of those men, nor many other able souls on this board, yourself included.

Regarding Jesus creating a stepping stone, I disagree (as is occasionaly my wont) - I think he clearly implied that HE was a stepping stone

Religion may try to ritualise and repeat a set of circumstances in which He is attained, however some folks unfortunately buy into the concept of the religion becoming their idol.

It's quite a science in it's own right

Other than that, I'm in complete agreement with all your other points, including those about Tetra

Evan:
    ~starts playing "Jaws" theme-tune~

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey littletoe,

i am sorry to have pigeon-holed you too! it's so easy to get worked up in a debate, and then start subscribing to a double standard. thanks for your definition and description of supernatural, it's interesting.

cheerio,

TS

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I would say I have experienced THE FORCE.... I have had some ultra-natural occurances which I do believe come from other realms which I do believe to be ultimately natural, just not natural to this one.

if you hold your hands in front of you with palms facing about 3-4 inches apart and move them back and forth very slowly, you can often sense what feels like two same pole magnets pushing each other apart.... if you dont feel it you can sensative your hands by rubbing them together a minute or two before trying....

one time this gal I worked with was complaining about her ankle.... I told her to let me try something, I put my hands about an inch from her ankle and just concentrated on that force feeling...and suddenly both of us felt a strong jolt and she said her ankle felt better....

reminds me of laying on of hands.... no?

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Evan: ~starts playing "Jaws" theme-tune~

LOL!

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit