Cain had intercourse with his wife??

by fairchild 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

Sally,

"There were no other women, hence no other options. As yet, it had not been commanded to abstain from such relationships."

Was the prohibition against incest "new light" for god?

"As was pointed out, they would have been fairly free of genetic defects, other than the ability now to get sick and die."

I'm not aware of any scientic source that will support this contention. Why would genetic codes be different then than now?

• simplesally
    simplesally

If you read the thread, you will see that we are assuming the Bible is true. Not taking into account any scientific data.

OOPS! LOL I prefer to assume the truth of the Greek myths, which possess as much merit as the bible as an explanation of human origin, but are much more interesting.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Okay, so let's say that Cain had intercourse with his sister, which makes sense, since there was nobody else around and it didn't seem to be forbidden back then. Now, this is the next part which bugs me... ... after he killed his brother and he got banned from Eden, he obviously went to a place where there were already MANY people. Cain was banned from Eden BEFORE Seth was born. According to the account in Genesis, Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old. Let's say that Adam was 30 years old when Cain was born (that is cutting it a bit close, because when you read through the account, everyone was kind of old when they had kids). But anyway, this would make Cain 100 years older than his brother. In those 100 years, Adam would have had to produce a LOT of offspring to populate Eden as well as the land of the fugitives where Cain was sent to.

As if that is not confusing enough, take a look at Genesis 4:25...And Adam proceeded to have intercourse again with his wife and so she gave birth to a son and called his name Seth, because as she said: "God has appointed another seed in place of Abel, because Cain killed him."

If you read this verse carefully, does it not indicate that there were no other children (or at least no other male children) between Abel and Seth? Or am I just stretching it too far?

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

an interesting answer you will find herre, and it is logical:

http://www.bibledecoded.com/understanding1.html

Klaus

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Actually, Cain found her on eHarmony.com

Actually, back then it was in its beta stage and was called eHarmony.rock. He had to chisel out a form on a rock tablet, answering questions that would determine his relationship potential on at least 29 different levels. Since he and his future wife both checked off "loves to garden" and "not afraid to kill" they were a perfect match.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thanks Klaus, I added it to my favorites and will read later tonight when I have time. After some quick scanning, it does look pretty interesting.

Lol eyebrow. You need to go in the story telling business.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

heehee....I have just seen that eHarmony commercial SOOOO many times, and have been looking for the perfect chance to spoof it. Isn't life amazing?

=)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

very, very, funny eyebrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit