Cain had intercourse with his wife??

by fairchild 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Whether you believe in the creation story or not it's always good to do a bit of research. Here's something I've found on the origins of the Hebrew stories of creation.

When Abraham left Ur in southern Mesopotamia he would have taken with him the local myths and legends. After he had his epiphany he started his own sect using these older myths as a source.
    One myth example is the epic of Gilgamesh. Here are some of the creation story similarities.

Paradise gardens
    A tree of Life
    Eating from a tree of knowledge
    After eating from the knowledge tree, putting on clothes, not wanting to be naked
    Having to sweat and toil the land
    Blood being the essence of life
    First son going east to a city
    The garden being in the east
    A Flood

There is plenty of research material on this, I good place to start would be:
    http://www.bibleorigins.net/genesisgenesis.html

steve

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you for that link, Steve. I'll check it out as soon as I get home from work. Thanks.

Another question is whether he sodomized Abel before killing him. Any DNA evidence to answer this question?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

That's been an interesting read so far steve

• simplesally
    simplesally

144,000 ........ Why would that be a question that comes to mind??

• FairMind
    FairMind
    so where ever he decided to go, most certainly there would have been people or no need for the mark on him

Never thought about that but it has to be true. Staying on topic, Cain married at least one of his sisters.

FM

Simple Sally:

Why shouldn't it? The guy is reputed to have killed his own brother, and many murderers commit heinous acts prior to killing their victims. If we're going to analyze the likelihood that Cain had incest, why not also consider whether he sodomized Abel as well before doing him in? On a similar note, it is indeed possible that Eve engaged in bestiality, given her relationship with a snake in an apple tree and the influence said snake exerted over her conduct. Could it be that the biblical authors were too prude to discuss Eve's snake sex adventures?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hey..incest,a game for all the family!!

According to Genesis.................

• simplesally
    simplesally

144,000 ........ I would not consider it a crime that he married his wife ....... if we are going on the basis of the Bible account. There were no other women, hence no other options. As yet, it had not been commanded to abstain from such relationships. As was pointed out, they would have been fairly free of genetic defects, other than the ability now to get sick and die.

Regarding your comments about Eve:

• love11
    love11

According to the bible, the only possible solution was his sister. Scientifically, there were thousands of people all over the world at that point in time, each with there own culture, traditions, and ethnicities. So she could have come from a neighboring tribe. Omission of the "outside" world of humanity I'm sure was deliberate, so as to make all human race beginning with their particular race, culture, tribe, etc,.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit