The life of a confused, proud, ignorant JW youth.

by Daunt 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Huxley
    Huxley

I remember a young sister who wrote a poem about catching some lucky brother's eye from across the aisle at a District Convention. She read it out loud at a witness gathering. I felt really bad trying not to laugh, but it was awful.

Lookin' for love at the D.C. the odds are pretty good, but the goods are pretty odd!

Huxley

• avishai
    avishai
    Lookin' for love at the D.C. the odds are pretty good, but the goods are pretty odd!

LMAO!

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

the smart ones are not at the ass. in the first place, so you look for a mate in the toilet?

• JW83
    JW83

Just before I left, one of my closest friends acted really horribly towards me at a quickbuild because the guy she had liked for about 10 years (yes, she was about 29 & had hardly spoken to this guy!) was talking to me. Nuts!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

The JW dating scene is an aweful thing. When I was in, I was convinced I would never find any decent brother so I went on this JWMatch site and found 1!! brother near where I lived. We dated for two weeks, and the guy...well, lets say he seemed pretty desperate to get married (get some). He was 30 and I was 20, he lived in a crappy little appartement and was the kind of dub that makes me cringe (will not watch Lord of the Rings, but don't mind a movie full of mindless violence) I was so sure that I wuldn't find someone else that there came a point when I said to myself...well, why not just marry this one and get it over with. Sick!lol Well, I ended it a few days after when sense came kicking me in the butt. The bastard continued emailing my JW-dad to talk behind my back. Telling him how much I hurt him and how immature I was.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    I do remember the meat market days. I distinctly remember going in the bathroom watching the girls my age putting on make-up and getting all dolled up and leaning over to my other nerd girl friend saying - "Look war paint!"

Oh yes - many a sisterly friendship was ruined when a hot chunk of 'hova meat came to the hall. OH THE CAT FIGHTS! Over a guy they got to know for five minutes while standing next to the dunk tank.

GOD, joanna, thanks for that.......I needed it.

I had to GO to the assembly, oops CONVENTION, on sunday and boy did it SUCK.

I tell ya one thing: I am glad the sisters do NOT listen when they are told to dress modestly. Holy Hannah YA SHOULDA SEEN WHAT I SAW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit