The life of a confused, proud, ignorant JW youth.

by Daunt 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Daunt
    Daunt

This is an email my sister receieved (I know Im bad but she just left it running here how can you expect me not to) talking about the "dating scene" of JW youth, specifically girls.

THEOCRATIC LOOKOUT

The District Convention is right around the corner! We all know that 85-90 percent of all scouting done is done here. This is a time for some SERIOUS discretion. I don't want anyone walking around not knowing what they are doing. And by the way be honest with yourself. We all know who you are.

same disappearing act. You never know where or when he's going to show up, he's just there and gone. And for some odd reason you just know you're meant to have his last name. *sigh* Maybe this year!

on. that's ONE JOB PER ITEM to provide for her.)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, they are meaner to each other than they are to "worldly" folk. I see that www.jwmatch.com has many years of happy business ahead of them.

...or www.jwconnections.com

...or www.jw-connect.com

Notice that everyone is judged on outward appearance? I guess one does not have much chance to go on a casual outing, out for coffee, and actually talk to that person to find out what their hopes and aspirations are.

Oh, right. JW's all have the same hopes and aspirations. Scratch that.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Gotta hand it to any kids getting married in this religion. Slim pickings.

• desbah
    desbah
    $ISTERS- these sisters wear so much make-up that they cause riots with the sales reps at Macy's. Her nails are so long that shaking her hand would be putting Jehovah to the test. The color of their hair is anything BUT the color of THEIR hair (grape-ity purple, lemony yellow, and blueberry blue) IF THAT IS THEIR HAIR... And she thinks she is the finest thing in the Coliseum.(BROTHERS count every item of gold or platinum jewelry she has

on. that's ONE JOB PER ITEM to provide for her.)

OMG!!....dis sounds like me....LOL

• M.J.
    M.J.

Well at first I thought they could at least be somewhat cynical about their own group. Then I saw how it was from a very self-righteous, self-elevating viewpoint.

• Daunt
    Daunt

Sad thing is, my sister was just giggling along thinking that she was one the great shamulite maiden while she was reading it. I don't even want to think about how many depraved lonely sex deprived JWs there are. (looks at himself and strikes a tally on the wall).

• doodle-v
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That's amazing, I wrote the bit about the sisters! I got a version of that about five years ago, it only had the part about what kinds of brothers to avoid, and it annoyed me so much that I had to write about what kind of sisters to avoid. It's been very heavily edited and had a lot added, but... far out.

I have achieved immortality. Sorry about that kids.

• luna2
    luna2

Not sure how old your sis is, Daunt, but this looks fairly typical of young girls, JW or not. Group everybody into catagories, with yourself as a member of the "best" one.

I do find that JW courtship rituals are pretty unnatural and strange. All the females are supposed to be on the lookout for Brother MS/Elder-Material and how many of these guys are available? Seems that a guy just about has his pick of the crop which places the girls/ladies in pretty stiff competition with each other.

• avishai
    avishai

LOL. I remember being the "badboy" JW who jw chix would make out with for HOURS only to tell me afterwards that they were looking for someone with "spiritual goals."

I was good enough to make out with hot and heavy, but not enough to take home to mom. And that was just fine with me!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit