this is ridiculous

by kittyeatzjdubs 20 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Jehovah's witnesses as an organization have never covered up such a thing, and that is a bunch of ridiculous crap. Maybe you were molested, but you probably liked it. Anyone that does such a thing is removed from the congregation. So, yes I guess you would say we have strict rules about sex, because we don't put up with child molestors. Maybe you were the molester, William, and that's why you were disfellowshipped, eh?!
    I also was shocked and apalled to see such irresponsible journalism. When you want to know about America, do you go ask the Taliban? This man was a member of a ridiculous group of chemically imbalanced apostates who through their inability to lead a balanced life were removed, thankfully for the rest of us, from our congregations. America is supposed to represent freedom of religion, but this was an outright attack of lies on the most honest group of people you could ever know. I seriously doubt this man was ever an "elder." Most likely, he was baptized, made a few mistakes, refused to change them, and was kindly asked to leave the rest of the congregation alone if this was the path he wanted to take in his life. Disfellowshipping and armageddon have nothing to do with eachother. Disfellowshipping is much milder than what catholics might do, which would be excommunication. Disfellowshipped people can still attend congregation meetings at the kingdom hall, but are simply asked to leave the rest of the congregation alone until they can mend their ways. Jehovah's witnesses have nothing against sex between a husband and wife, which is healthy and the best way to live your life anyhow. They just do not stand for fornication or adultery, which is never a good idea anyway. Jehovah is god's name, found in any bible that hasn't had it purposely removed. There is nothing secretive about it, and they will answer any questions anyone may have very openly! If you think Jehovah's witnesses are trained to take abuse, just try it. This guy was just trying to blame the religion for his own inadequacies!
    AV

this is a quote from the vh1 jw discussion board that rebel8 had in an earlier thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/90981/1.ashx

people just make me ill!!!!!!!!

luv, kitty

• luna2
    luna2

That was painful to read.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

The JWs never cease to amaze me with their ignorance.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I can't even really believe how in the dark these people are. It's really scary. It makes me think of some little tribe isolated away from civilization or something.

GBL

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

it makes me think of when bill bowen was on dateline and there was a big to do with all the congos to NOT to watch it. so one of my mom's friends from an our old congo came over the day after it aired. apparently, her wordly husband was watching it, and she just 'happened to over hear it'. whatever....so anyway.......she was talking about one of the girls who was molested and this is what she had to say, ' well, even if it DID happen, she probably never even brought it to the elders, b/c we both know that they would have dsf'd the molester right away.'

i just sat there and gritted my teeth

and this is why i celebrate the day that i left the borg.

luv, kitty

• kls
    kls

Well there maybe some molestings going on but those that do are not one Jahs real peopleThem damn fakers

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

The scary thing is that this guy is undoubtedly sincere!! Arguing with such, especially when it gets heated, just doesnt work, I know from bitter experience and have made my task doubly difficult. Both sides just get more deeply entrenched. It really would take more subtle tactics to cause people like that to seriously doubt.

As we all know, this person and many others have been starved of real information. I recently received a pack, bought from freeminds, of watchtower pages, old and new which themselves systematically prove the falsehood of each doctrine in the knowledge book, mainly by demonstrating the cluelessness of the so called FDS throughout its history.

If only such people could be exposed to the wealth of non-apostate material. Or, if someone defies their leadership rules about keeping off such swebsites, maybe they would meet the challenge of reading the new testament on its own, including the many portions that have never been quoted in Watchtower publications. Or if one would take up a challenge to follow up the kingdom interlinear J references to their sources, yes even go to the museums where the translations are kept which their Bible prefers to the ancient manuscripts. They would get a terrible shock which just might lead to questions, without them ever reading anything but their own Bible and other oublications.

Or perhaps they are afraid to follow the following watchtower advice: If we want to worship God acceptably, we must know the truth. This is an important issue. Our eternal happiness depends on it. Therefore, everyone should ask himself: is my way of worship acceptable to God? Am I genuinely interested in learning the truth of God?s word? Or am I afraid of what a careful investigation might reveal? But which defiant ones will take up that watchtower challenge? Are they lovers of truth or do they lack the courage?

• undercover
    undercover

I went to the VH1 boards and browsed thru a few of the posts on JWs. The one posted here is the worst one I saw. That post was irresponsible and most moderated boards would have had it removed.

One thing stood out about all the JW posts...they never tried to defend their stance or position with facts. They either attacked the poster (as the one above did) or repeated WT rhetoric that has been drummed into their heads for years. Even when asked to present material from their literature to prove their point they failed to do so.

I would think that any non-JW readers of those threads would see pretty quick that the JWs are a mindless bunch of cult followers. I know that not all JWs are as bad as some of those posters, but the lengths to which these posters went to chastise ex-JWs or apostates should show how blinded they are to how the real world works.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

A great example of why we left this disfunctional, ignorant, self-righteous, head in the sand, mind-controlled org. Good riddance. This guy made me sick.

Cathy L.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some of the scariest, most out-there JWs I've ever talked to are on that forum.

Let's play a game. How many untruths can you find in that one quote?

1. Jehovah's witnesses as an organization have never covered up such a thing
    2. Maybe you were molested, but you probably liked it. (This is NOT the only JW posting on that forum who accused the victim of liking abuse, either.)
    3. Anyone that does such a thing is removed from the congregation.
    4. This man was a member of a ridiculous group of chemically imbalanced apostates who through their inability to lead a balanced life were removed
    5. this was an outright attack of lies
    6. the most honest group of people you could ever know
    7. doubt this man was ever an "elder."
    8. Disfellowshipping and armageddon have nothing to do with each other.
    9. Disfellowshipping is much milder than what catholics might do, which would be excommunication
    10. Jehovah is god's name
    11. found in any bible that hasn't had it purposely removed
    12. If you think Jehovah's witnesses are trained to take abuse, just try it.
    13. This guy was just trying to blame the religion for his own inadequacies!

Bill Bowen started a thread on that forum, BTW, to state the facts. It's interesting to see the vehement reaction to Bowen's interview. I thought it was pretty mild. He only said a few things and he did so calmly and articulately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit