Speaking of music,,,,,what "nerdy" singer do you secretly adore?

by LyinEyes 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OMG Hillbilly, I swear I thought of him, but didnt think anyone would know who the hell I was talking about.....hehe.

What was one of his song........sing it Hillbilly!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    For the longest time I thought they were saying "Very Close to Mercy".

I think Bobby Darrin was very cool. Don't know if he's considered nerdy.

I used to sing a LOT of songs having the wrong lyrics!! You've given me an idea!

I liked Bobby Darin but absolutley HATED Mack The Knife!!!! I used to cut it off every time it came on the radio!

Annie

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

You want nerds? How about DEVO? Local boys made good.

BD of the Whip It class.

• donald
    donald

steve perry formely of journey

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I dont think Slim ever had a top 40 in the states........ he was big in Europe back in the 60's and sorta had a minor cult following stateside.... he "covered" a lot of country hits.

I pull out the 8 track when paint needs peeling...........

~Hill

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, what about the late great Buddy Holly?

• talesin
    talesin

Didn't Slim cover Eddie Arnold's "cattle song" ? could be wrong on that one , my dad likes him shhh, don't tell anyone, mostly I try to block it out ... family skeletons and such ...

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Buddy just LOOKED nerdy. He was an innovator... I think had he lived he would have revolutionized the WAY music is made.

Elvis Costello is pretty nerdy too

~Hill

• Mac
    Mac

J-Girl...

I believe Slim whistled a cover of "This Diamond Ring Doesn't Shine For Me Anymore" by Gary Lewis and the Playboys..................take that BubbleGumby!!!

mac

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Buddy just LOOKED nerdy. He was an innovator...

Yes, his record company wanted him to drop his glasses. He just went and bought the biggest blackest glasses he could find to make his point. Doesn't matter if you look like a nerd, if your music sounds very good and you're a genius you will make it. The Beatles really weren't great looking fellows either.

Yes, Elvis C. is very nerdy looking. Liverpool must turn out a lot of different looking guys who are very talented musicians and song writers. Veronica is my favorite song by Elvis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit