Speaking of music,,,,,what "nerdy" singer do you secretly adore?

by LyinEyes 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hey! Neil Diamond isn't nerdy!!! It's who my DH was named after. I was named after Andy Williams. Now there's a nerdy singer!

I LOVE John Mayer! And no I'm not thirteen. But sometimes I let myself be.

I also love John Denver and Barry Manilow. The Bee Gees.

Can't stand Whitney Houston and Celine Dion. Ick.

• ursus
    ursus

I like ABBA!

• Chia
    Chia

I USED to like ABBA until my co-worker played their Greatest Hits album repeatedly, hour after hour, day after day...

I am probably the only 22-year old who knows all the words to "Voulez-Vous".

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Ya'll picked some of my favorites, I LOVE the Carpenter's , what a loss of Karen . Glen Campbell was a favorite back in the day.

Air Supply was pretty hot for a teenage girl back in the 80's but all the guys thought they were nerds.

I was a weird kid because I loved rock , country and R& B as a kid. I mean I am sure there were others like me but none of my friends would have been caught dead listening to Barbara Mandrell, or Percy Sledge. Hey I still love 'em.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm embarrassed to admit I actually own some Weird Al CDs. If that's not nerdy for ya then I don't know what is!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My favorite singer is Richard Marx. He has been since the first time I heard him on the radio.

Just about all of the ones mentioned are ones I love.

Barry Manilow made a song in 1981 or so, "We Made It Through The Rain" and nobody ever plays it nor does he ever sing it when he does a medley of tunes. I loved that song so much. I hated "Copa" too.

I loved Tom Jones (when I began to go to the meetings---his show was on Thursday nights--grrrrr),

John Denver,

Cher,

the Righteous Bros,

Neil Diamond,

Ronnie Milsap,

the BeeGees,

Moody Blues,

And the Beach Boys. (Loved "Don't Worry Baby!)

Hubby bought every album that Bobby Goldsboro ever made......remember the cricket sounds he used to make?

I was also crazy about Gordon Lightfoot, and was really intrigued when he made "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" which happened around here! Loved "Sundown" too.

(sigh)

• doogie
    doogie
    I actually own some Weird Al CDs. If that's not nerdy for ya then I don't know what is!

haha. yeah, i think you win.

• Preston
    Preston

Nobody's mentioned TALKING HEADS?...their stuff from the 80's rocks!

alt

- Preston (fan of 'nerdy' singer David Byrne)

• Chia
    Chia

I own every 'N Sync album except for the Christmas one.

Aside from that, I do also like the Bee Gees and Barry Manilow.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Absolutely love :-

The Carpenters

Bee Gees

Abba and the Walker Brothers.Scott has got the most melancholy voice and "the Sun aint gonna shine any more"and "no regrets"are beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit