Get a good look at this!

by calamityjane 22 Replies latest jw friends

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

CJ,

Those tubing parties sound like they would be great fun as well.

• talesin
    talesin

Have a great holiday weekend! Camping, , , most .. fun ... ever!

t

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Thats cool. It really does look like a sleeping giant!

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

CJ,

Is this something like you were talking about?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Proph, that's exactly what we do. It takes three hours to get down the river, but with the pitstop at the beach, it takes all afternoon. And sometimes when it's real hot we'll get back on the bus to go down again.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

JT yes there is an Indian legend to this Sleeping Giant of ours.

There are trails that get us to the top of the Giant. There are four trails that lead to different areas of the giant, one that leads to the top of its head, one to his chest, his knees and a bottom trail that leads to his feet. The trails that lead to the top of the Giant give you a magnificent view of our City and surrounding areas.

The bottom trail actually goes all around the bottom of the giant, a circle tour, which has designated tenting sites.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Where's all the seagulls?
    Usually they are all over the docks.
    I remember camping... We did it everyweekend and vacations when the kids were little..Our best camping area was Mountain Home arkansas. When we camped many times we were all alone in the campground during the week. The lake was crystal clear and we would scuba dive. It had bluffs and it was beautiful underwater..then we would fish at night (before they warned you not to eat the fish)

The kids would love to water ski while I cooked up breakfast on the camping stove..what fun we had. Later after the kids grew up and left the nest hubby and I would go canoeing..We went down the Meremac river..that's a scary river!..Lots of currents. So I would make him go to a safe spot where we could swim and fish.

Got lots of bad sunburns that I am paying for now! Looks good when you get them but sure plays hell on the skin when you get older!

When we had a sailboat we docked it in a marina..we constantly had to walk around the "Duck poop".

But we had a potty and a kitchen and a bedroom..even a TV..

The truth is..The most fun we had was camping in the rough when the kids were little... Yep!

Thanks for the great picture and thanks for bringing up nice memories for me..

Snoozy...

• bem
    bem

Thanks CJ, The picturs are great. and the tubing pictures make me ready for rafting.

• Dustin
    Dustin

That's a really pretty area you live in. When I look out my window I see some old houses, that need fixing up.

• talesin
    talesin

GG , that was beautiful post.

cj

That is the most beautiful pic .. you sure have some fine country up there. I saw the Sleeping Giant, it is awesome. Thank you for posting that.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit