Hi everybody, I´m a new member from Spain

by benito 39 Replies latest jw friends

• benito
    benito

First of all, I want to apologize for all the mistakes I will probably make, I´m not very good at English, it´s very hard for me to think in another language different than my native tongue (Spanish, of course!!).

I´ve been lurking through this forum for a long time but I didn´t dare write here because of my lack of knowledge of the language but I changed my mind. I think I can give a different point of view from other members of USA of UK, it seems that most of the members are from theses countries. Furthermore, I disassociated myself two years ago, and I didn´t have anybody to support me while all this process was going on. And now I want to talk to somebody who have experienced similar things than me. If anybody want to ask me something, I´ll be very glad to answer.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Bonito!

I look forward to hearing more about you!

Bryan

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Benito. You took the first hard steps. First you Da'd then you joined this forum. Congratulations and good luck.

I hope to read more of your posts in the future.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Welcome benito

look around here, .. much to consider

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hi Benito, and a very warm welcome. Its great to have you aboard. I hope to learn from you as I have learned from so many others here.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Benito. Glads you could join us. We dont care about the fact you cant write english well. I AM English & cant either

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

welcome. i'm new, too.

know this: your English is very good.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi benito,

You seem to be able to write well in English. What may be difficult for you on the internet is the abbreviations we use. Just ask if something is not clear.

Congratulations on disassociating (DAing) yourself. You did the right thing. I never formally disassociated (DAd); I just stopped going to meetings and in field service (FS).

I was not aware there were too many Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) in Spain. I attended college in Barcelona briefly (a very happy time in my life). I became friends with a priest, and I asked him about the Testigos. He said there are barely any in Spain, but they are crazy because they will let their children die rather than take blood.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Welcome Benito! Look forward to hearing from you!

• kls
    kls

Welcome Benito and hope you enjoy it here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit