Use of money collected for assemlies........

by jula71 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

WOW....thanks JT. I had a feeling, more or less, that's what happened......just amazing they get away with it.

• blondie
    blondie
    Very true Blondie, but the part that makes me think is that each Cong. In the circuit already gives a couple hundred a month to the Assembly hall..... multiply that by each Cong and you have a LOT of money. And that money is told to be for up-keep ect....

You are correct, Julia. In the congregation, the accounts report is read each month so you have a general idea where the money is going. Some BOEs even post it on the information board so you can read it (not all though). But the expense breakdown at the assembly is not shared with the rank and file (I don't even think the elders see anything except those who work in audting). A few I knew of wondered where all the money was going after the food arrangement was suspended. If elders question anything, well, they can get a sour look and get a talking to at home from the body. And they have to give this money off the top; none of this paying the other expenses first and then donating the surplus. Blondie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    you got to love it

JT!

What a nice surprise!! I had just mentioned you a couple of days ago on a thread about "missing" JWD posters!! It's great to see you still popping in!

I always enjoy your posts, and who better to tell it like it is than a former circuit assembly accounts overseer!!! (I still get a smile when I see you write "you got to love it.")

It sickens me to see how the Org really works behind the scenes. WHERE is the integrity that WE always were reminded of all the time? Remember all that crud about keeping your eye simple? Why doesn't the WTS practice what it preaches? (Oooops--I'm venting again!)

It's very nice to see you posting here again....please come back more often. We have a ton of new apostates that have never seen your "stuff", and I'm sure they'd love it.

Love and many hugs to you and Lady C,

Annie

• JT
    JT

Julia

WOW....thanks JT. I had a feeling, more or less, that's what happened......just amazing they get away with it.

@@ yep this is how it is done, sad but true

Annie

It sickens me to see how the Org really works behind the scenes. WHERE is the integrity that WE always were reminded of all the time? Remember all that crud about keeping your eye simple? Why doesn't the WTS practice what it preaches? (Oooops--I'm venting again!)
    It's very nice to see you posting here again....please come back more often. We have a ton of new apostates that have never seen your "stuff", and I'm sure they'd love it.
    Love and many hugs to you and Lady C,
    Annie

^^

Good to be back- yes for many of us it has been the feeling of the Wizard of OZ when the toto moved the curtain back and the voice said
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN
    SMILE

• FairMind
    FairMind

Monies sent to WTS: Amount determined by DO/CO? or by elders at elders meeting.

I suppose this is the underlying (sounds a bit like lying) reason for the announced deficit. The WTS is going to get their slice of the pie come hell or high water. The more you learn the sicker it gets.

• Purza
    Purza
    SO WT MAKES A TON OF MONEY

This may seem like a naive question. . . . but what does the WTS do with the money? Are they hoarding it and buying yachts in the Mediterranean? Seriously -- does anyone know what they do with the money?

Purza

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

JT,

Glad to see you again! Love your posting style. Hope school is going well.

-silent

• blondie
    blondie
    Are they hoarding it and buying yachts in the Mediterranean?

The WTS may have many sins but not that one yet. They are more likely to spend a week on a yacht owned by a wealthy, influential JW.

Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

I've always suspected this was a huge scam from the time I was old enough to understand a little about paying bills and meeting expenses.

How ironic that my grandparents quit attending church because they felt the pastors were milking the congregations for money all the time - and one of the main reasons why my parents became JWs was because the WTS (back in the day) didn't put emphasis on donations the way they do now. I wonder if that ever occurs to my folks??

• garybuss
    garybuss

Go through the links of this site:

http://members.shaw.ca/theotrip/index.htm

Then this one:

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/janne/

resized image to fit window ~ Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit