Use of money collected for assemlies........

by jula71 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

I went to the Sun. session of a "Circuit Assembly" this past weekend. And the weekend's accounts report was read. I was amazed; I never really paid any attention to it in the past. They announced the current expenses for the weekend was $19,600. Also the current collected from Sat. was just over $9,000. This is for 1 weekend. Also, it is a WT built and owned building. Is anyone else surprised by these figures? Currently at this building, there are assemblies 50 out of the 52 weeks a year. The money collected adds up pretty fast and this is only 1 building. I know there are a lot of guys here that have had pretty prominent positions, I would like to know...what is this money spent on? Where does it go?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've never been in a prominant possition, but from what I've read on other posts, prior to the convention a bunch of elders get together and decide on a figure they want to donate to the WTS. They add this donation amount as an expence. Obviously this is why you would rarely see an itemised schedule of costs.

Kwin

• VM44
    VM44

Is a "predetermined contribution amount" really an Assembly Hall expense? --VM44

• VM44
    VM44

This is simply a way of squeezing money out of the people!

and the people go along with it!

No wonder they never give any accounting of the actual expenses

--VM44

• jula71
    jula71

The thing is, after they announce the expenses and subtract the current collected "donations" they ALWAYS call the remaining amount "a current deficit." This is normally followed by a stampede to the boxes to donate. Seems like a big scam now....to bad I didn't figure it out years ago!!!!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

It's called 'fleecing the flock'!

• blondie
    blondie

Expenses consist of:

Utilities (water, electricity, sewer, phone) pro-rated to each circuit

Commodities: toilet paper, paper towels, soap, general cleaning products, etc., etc.

Monies for general upkeep/future remodeling: Figured out by assembly hall committee (?) and pro-rated to each circuit (and sometimes to each congregation if the circuit donations fall through)

Monies sent to WTS: Amount determined by DO/CO? or by elders at elders meeting. Resolution made, moved and seconded and voted on by elders (I bet everyone votes for it)

Monies to cover expenses of CO/DO (similar to when they visit a congregation)

If there is an surplus, then it is usually banked with the WTS (haha), to be used to prime the pump for the next assembly.

• jula71
    jula71

Very true Blondie, but the part that makes me think is that each Cong. In the circuit already gives a couple hundred a month to the Assembly hall..... multiply that by each Cong and you have a LOT of money. And that money is told to be for up-keep ect....

• JT
    JT

I went to the Sun. session of a "Circuit Assembly" this past weekend. And the weekend's accounts report was read. I was amazed; I never really paid any attention to it in the past. They announced the current expenses for the weekend was $19,600. Also the current collected from Sat. was just over $9,000. This is for 1 weekend. Also, it is a WT built and owned building. Is anyone else surprised by these figures? Currently at this building, there are assemblies 50 out of the 52 weeks a year. The money collected adds up pretty fast and this is only 1 building. I know there are a lot of guys here that have had pretty prominent positions, I would like to know...what is this money spent on? Where does it go? ######## THIS IS ONE of the greatest money raising tricks of the wt, I KNOW CAUSE I USED TO BE THE CIRCIUT ASSMBLY ACCOUNTS OVERSEER this is how it works for a circiut assembly i would arrive at the assebly hall at 6:45AM, meet with the assembly hall overseer, the wt had predetermined the amount based on the number of attendees case in point and this rate CHANGES, 1000 pub @ PER 7.00 = $7,000 ASSEMBLY HALL EXP- LIGHT, GAS, AC, ETC WHEN WE HAD food = 4,000 co and do exp 1,000 elders AGREE TO DONATE2 WTS 2,000 or in many case ANYTHING LEFT OVER IS SENT TO BETHEL rarely are you allowed to keep any extra money for the next assebly, due to the urging of the CO and DO at the meeting that is held on sat during lunch so at 6:50AM on sat morning the circiut is ALREADY $$14,,000 IN THE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT BLASTED- for this accounting practice- after the ASSEMBLY HALL WAS PAID FOR I made the mistake of asking the DO why we haven't adjusted our rate since we no longer have an assembly hall mortage so as to reduce the PER PUB RATE- i got blasted, i used to come home on sun with a captain case with $12-15,000 mostly in case and mostly in $1 dollar bills, smile Lady C would be freaking out as we drove home , if i got stopped as a blackman with 15,000 in case how would i explain that she would say- or if the house burned down before monday when i made the deposit it was funny making the doposit, i recall the first time, i was in line with this case at this little bank branch only 1 window was open, i had about 3 or folks folks behind me orginaly and then i dropped that bag on window and the girls eyes rolled back in her head,for she had to count it all, even with the little money machine it took a while, coins , checks, loose bills, etc the folks behind me were like what is this guy doing?????????/ yep they were the good old days- we would count money during the entire program, at all times i had to keep theDO, CO and assembly hall overseer up to date on the amount, for if we were runing short then the finincals that are read on sundays were to include what we used to laugh about "ASHES AND SACKCLOTH PLEADINGS' yes we used to laugh about the fact that we are going out here in 10min and plead broke and sure enough, by sunday night last count in my exp we always COVERED AND WENT OVER WHAT WAS NEEDED SO THIS MY FRIEND ISHOW IT IS DONE WHEN you consider that there is little to no real activity in the assembly hall during the week the asembly hall doesn't generate $10,000 in light , gas and electric during the month yet when you are collecting $10-15,000 a weekend for almost 48-50 weekends, got to go to the district convention-smile0 you are talking a ton of cash now at the district level, all the circiut assembly account overseers like myself are invited to work accouninting at the district level i will never do that again i told myself after the first time we were there till late into thenight sunday after everyone was gone, i knew that at the circiit level i had always suggest my wife get a ride home cause i would be in late - sometimes she did , sometime she didn't i KNEW THAT THE DISTRICT I WOUJLD BE LATE - we ranked in over $100,000, can you image counting that many $1 we HATED KIDS PUTTING THOSE DA#^@ PENNIES IN THE BOX SO WT MAKES A TON OF MONEY now ck this out, you will not that the WT DOES NOT INSTRUCT AN ACCOUNTING OF FUNDS TO BE GIVEN AT THE DISTRICT LEVEL YET each circiut must give one and each hall must give one you got to love it

• JT
    JT

case

corr cash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit