Use of money collected for assemlies........

by jula71 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

From what I've been seeing the WTBTS likes to invest in property and also is buying planes in alaska , they also just built a new printing facility . You are so right about the wrongful deception they portray at the assemblies . I've seen them pull the old we are running short ploy only to announce at the end that everything was barely covered and everybody cheers like complete idiots . The more I read around here the happier I am that I walked away when I did , despite all the crap these people pull I was still intent on being a member at one point in my life . Now I despise them with passion .

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I did some research and discovered that the OD book spells it all out. Previous versions of this book also had similiar content.

Organized to DO Jehovah's Will page 130-131 (my comments in red)

FINANCING CIRCUIT ASSEMBLIES AND SPECIAL ASSEMBLY DAYS

Expenses incurred in operating assemblies are defrayed by contributions from the Witnesses making up the circuit. Contribution boxes are provided at the assemblies, just as they are at congregation meetings. In this way, voluntary contributions can be made to the circuit. A brother selected by the circuit overseer handles the circuit accounts, paying bills that are approved by the circuit overseer.

Ideally, each assembly is to pay the expenses it incurs, with surplus funds being deposited in the circuit account. If a deficit should occur at the end of an assembly and circuit funds can cover the loss, there is no need to write the congregations regarding the difference. However, if there are insufficient funds in the circuit account to pay expenses for the last assembly or to meet initial expenses for the next assembly, such as a deposit to secure the use of a facility, the circuit overseer may direct that congregations be advised of the privilege to contribute. Each body of elders will discuss the matter and determine what contribution their congregation would be able to make to the circuit fund. They would then handle this in their congregation by means of a resolution.

When meeting together in connection with an assembly, the circuit elders decide what should be done with the funds that the circuit has at its disposal. Decisions need to be made regarding the assembly operating expenses, purchase of circuit equipment, and expenses incurred by the traveling overseers while serving the circuit. Consideration may be given to making donations to the worldwide work (BIG UNDERSTATEMENT), the Kingdom Hall Fund, a local Assembly Hall, or some other important need.

All decisions other than those involving recurring operating expenses should be put in writing as resolutions adopted by the elders. These resolutions must be for exact amounts and presented for approval each time circuit funds are dispensed. It is inappropriate to pass standing resolutions or those not for specific amounts. Money belonging to the circuit may be deposited with the branch office for safekeeping until such time as the circuit needs it.
    The circuit overseer will arrange for an audit of the circuit accounts following each circuit assembly and special assembly day.

• heathen
    heathen
    the circuit overseer may direct that congregations be advised of the privilege to contribute

More like shame and embarass people into parting with more money . sure there is no collection plate but man oh man will they gripe and whine over the money situation , I guess until people get tired of hearing it and fork it over .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit