What is you favorite all time movie scene [s]?

by AK - Jeff 42 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have a lot of them -

Final scene in "Gone with the Wind" - Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn."

eastwood - "make my day"

The scene in Wait Until Dark when the bad guy jumps out of the shadows with a knife.

Star war opening sequence in the original movie

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

One of the ones I can think of right now is when Cary Grant opened the door and saw the picture hanging on the wall and then turns and knows that Debra Kerr cannot walk in An Affair To Remember.

I know I will be coming back to this thread to add more...

But cha ARE Blanche!, you ARE in that chair!!!!

• talesin
    talesin

At the end of "Imitation of Life" when the daughter throws herself on the coffin, crying 'mama, mama, i'm sorry mama'

When Yoda says "feel the force, Luke" and Luke raises the transporter from the swamp.

(yes, the opening scene of the first movie still takes me back to the first time, in that darkened theatre, and the rush and adventure of it all! That huge ship, the music, everything ... ahhh, back in the day)

The last scene of Breathless 'you leave me ... breathless ... aawwww!' Then, he picks up the gun, turns around and ... *freeze frame and you hear the cops guns blazing*

In the original Cape Fear, when Cady rises onto the boat, dripping in the dark moonlight < shivers >

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I liked the scene when Lana Turner (Madame X) finds out she is being defended by her son and his son doesn't know that she is his mother. I can't believe this film is not released on DVD.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

aliens

ripley comes out of some room with this metal lifting contraption on and looks at the mother alien(who is after a little girl) and says : "get awat from her you BITCH!!"

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

The scene in Bram Stoker's Dracula when Mina is on the bed with the count (Gary Oldman); he has his shirt off. He wants Mina to be with him forever, but when it's time for the "bite" he can't, because he loves her too much to condemn her......but Mina tells him she wants him to....to "take me away from all this death."

I wish vampires were real.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Since You Went Away -- When Jane runs after Tony's train in the train station, as he goes off to war, and she runs after him in tears saying goodbye.

GoodFellas -- When Lois tells Henry that she needs to go home to get her "lucky hat".

Desperado -- When the Mariachi's friend starts shooting missiles out of his briefcase.

Jurassic Park -- When the T. Rex attacks the kids in the jeep.

GalaxyQuest -- When Guy screams out, "Don't open that, this is an alien planet, is there air? You don't know!"

My Cousin Vinny -- Any scene with Lisa and Vinnie going at each other verbally.

Dogma -- When the two fallen angels exact judgment on the idolators.

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory -- Whenever Veruca Salt opens her snotty mouth. "Well I want an Oompa Loompa noooow" "Who's ever heard of a snauzberry". When Wonka says in a tiny voice that no one can hear, "Stop, don't do that".

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The orgy scene from Eyes Wide Shut takes a bit of beating.

Pope

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

The final scene in Roman Holiday----Gregory Peck is walking away from the princess choking back tears.

Oh what a man.

curlygirl

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

If only we can show a clip..

Two that come to mind are:

Big Trouble in Little China, posted about this in the movie title thread recently.. After some rant by Lo Pan about sacrificing the green-eyed girl to this demon-god Jack says something to finish his thought "... and rule the universe from beyond the grave!" Lo Pan: "Indeed!" Jack: "Either that or check into a psychoward, whichever comes first, huh?"

Army of Darkness, Ash speaking to a bunch of people in the 1300's (he went back in a time warp) about the shotgun which he just fired: "This... is my BOOMSTICK! .... that's right, this baby's made in Grand Rapids, Michigan, retails for $109.95, you can find it in the sporting goods department ... Shop smart, shop S-Mart! YOU GOT THAT???"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit