Do you exercise or do anything special to physically look your best?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My job allows me to play alot of golf - this year bot a 'walking membership' - I feel pretty good for a half centurian - but I can't seem to loose the gut. Mid-age spread I guess. Trying to eat better too

Jeff

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Talesin,

I have to eat healthy, so weight is no longer a problem for me. Just find out that you can't eat grains and processed foods for medical reasons, and see how quickly the pounds melt off!

I'm allergic to wheat. Which eliminates anything with flour in it. Pasta, breads, cakes, cookies, crackers, donuts, and everything else that tastes yummy. I miss it terribly, but I must say it makes it a breeze to watch my figure. I can eat almost anything else that I want and I don't exercise regularly. (Unless you count weeding a garden in the summer.) Also because of my ADD meds, I don't drink caffeine, which has tremendously helped my sleep cycle. I get great sleep now because of that.

Andi

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Billygoat--

We found out three years ago that my hubby was allergic to wheat also. Unfortunately, I've learned how to make all of those yummy cookies,cakes etc. with rice flours! When we went to the gym all of the time it didn't matter much but, we've moved recently and the goodies are catching up with us!!! Time to get back to the gym!

Curlygirl

• talesin
    talesin

BG

I've found a woman at the local market who makes xcellent crumb cakes (tiny, the size those meat pies you can buy in the supermarket) and ginger snaps using nut flour. The cost is not bad, not much more than it would cost to make them at home. It's so nice to eat something baked, once in a while!

I'm so sad about my 'za. It is my 2nd favorite food -------->

What a difference in my health, though, once I found out about this, only 2 years ago. All my bloat disappeared, and I lost a couple of sizes. Bonus! For the first time, I feel a different energy that has never been there ...

Lucky for me, coffee & tea are fine, as well as chocolate (my #1 favorite food!). Frseh ginger tea (w/spices) has become quite an addiction.

t

edit

ps. curlygirl -- wish I cud do rice, the crackers are quite good, too. do you get rice pasta?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I make sure that when I eat chocolate cupcakes that I eat two...one for each cheek to reach maximum density by...I also lay down quickly after on a flat surface so that all of the fat distributes evenly!!

• avishai
    avishai
    I make sure that when I eat chocolate cupcakes that I eat two...one for each cheek to reach maximum density by...I also lay down quickly after on a flat surface so that all of the fat distributes evenly!!

My kinda workout!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

avishai--yeah baby!! It is da boody bomb by sparky workout!!

(Too bad my whole thread got removed.. Ol jehoshua1914 was ona a role..by the way! )

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, did he answer me?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

naw...I was in the middle of acting as dyslexic as I can...when I got that ol' access denied and then the post was gone....twas trying to say I have to finish my homework and let you all go into doctrine specifics. I never paid any attention at meetings anyhow. anyhoo dont mean to thread jack. So back to buns of steel!!

Sparky

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit