The book Crisis of Conscience

by Jim Dee 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

I've just finished reading this book I was brought up in the society, seen the elder arrangement brought in, seen changes and in fighting - and finally sttof down as a Snr Circuit Elder in England because of the abuse issue and the society covering up. I have also the seen the society flee and CYA because of the Data Protection Act in the UK. Seen them twist and turn on leagalise rather than righteousness. I hated the society for the way they turned their blindness into "blame the abused" - but part of me said "they have many things right". But this book has opened my eyes. What a fool I have been even though Franz is a bitter, bitter man, nevertheless it has been like the scales falling from my eyes. What a fool I have been. I am intelligent, degree educated and run a large multi national corporation - yet I was thoroughly deceived. When I resigned as an Elder because of the way they reacted over child abuse in my congregation - just covered it up on offical policy - I still believed. I helped change may policies and leaked inside information - deep inside information - to both this board and others. Yet deep inside I thought they would change. What an idiot I am. How could I have been so foolish? How could I have fallen for such a lie? Jim

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I am almost finished reading it, it really opened my eyes. It makes me very sad for all the brainwashed people that include my sister.

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

I ordered the book through borders but they sent me a card saying that it is now out of print...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

you can still get a copy on Ebay... around 8 bucks plus tax and shipping... The book made me completely disgusted with the Governing Body. They are a fraud and some don't even believe anymore; they just bide their time and go with the flow. Disgusting false prophets, liars and murderers is what they are...

J

• carla
    carla

Did you try Amazon? You can probably even get one used. Question- I was under the impression that when most jw's read C of C book they found Franz to be quite fair, all in all. And did not think he was bitter and just 'out to get the org'. What do some of you think? did you feel Franz was 'bitter'? carla

• bavman
    bavman

I didn't get the sense Ray Franz was bitter at all. Perhaps he was a bit upset about all this but aren't we all. He came across very fair to me in the two books I have read of his. Plus, at the time I was having my final elders meeting I was e-mailing with Franz. He was very helpful and didn't seem bitter or try to get me feeling bitter at all.

Bav

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Hi Jim,

Although I was a witness for almost sixty years, and served in Bethel I never heard of a

"Snr Circuit Elder"

What is that position?

David

• talesin
    talesin

Very factual and 'dry'. I'm still slogging through it, to be honest. It's shocking, though, to see how nonchalant these people are about toying with other's lives.

Please, dear soul, do not be so harsh on yourself! You are not stupid. You trusted, and believed. Then, when you saw an atrocity, you quit the JW. Gosh, that is smart.

We have all been fooled at one time, and it's just wrong to blame this on yourself. These folks (GB) are masters of manipulation - remember that, and be kind to yourself. Be angry with them, because they are the ones at fault, not you.

tal

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Franz is not bitter, he is very understanding and kind on all the issues. To one who is still in, he may seem that way, but JWs often say that about me, too. All about perspective!

By the way, I have 20 copies of Crisis as well as his second book at: http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I personally thought that Ray Franz was very humble and far from being bitter or mean-spirited.

If I had a chance to write a book like that...I would have been as mean as I could be. I feel he was quite fair...if you could call de-constructing an organization fair.

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit