Illegals have more driving rights than U.S. citizens

by jt stumbler 51 Replies latest social current

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

So you impound. You take his car. Big deal. He aquires another.What about the guy with an invalid license? In Denver the police are told not to get involved with immigration cases. So what happens? They are let go. If the same thing happens to me I go to jail thein lies the proof of the difference in rights.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Denver's Illegal Alien Sanctuary Policy (3) Undocumented immigrants (includes illegal and ?undocumented aliens? as referred to in the Federal Immigration and Naturalization act) 1. The responsibility for enforcement of immigration laws rests with the Immigration and Naturalization Service (I.N.S.). Denver Police officers shall not initiate police actions with the primary objective of discovering the immigration status of a person. 2. Generally, officers will not detain, arrest, or take enforcement action against a person solely because he/she is suspected of being an undocumented immigrant. If enforcement action is deemed necessary under these circumstances, the approval of an on duty supervisor or commander is required. In addition, as soon as is practical the commander of the involved officer shall be notified. 3. However, when a suspect believed to be an undocumented immigrant is arrested for other charges, a "Refer to Immigration" charge will be added to the original charges. Sheriff's Department Personnel will then notify the I.N.S. authorities according to their procedures. 4. The charge "Hold For Immigration" will be lodged against a prisoner only when a warrant has been issued by the U.S. Department of Justice, or an agency thereof, and then only when the warrant is on an immigration matter. 5. Physical evidence pertaining to immigration violations shall be placed in the Property Bureau as evidence when there is no arrest made. A letter detailing the circumstances of the recovery of the property and the property invoice number shall be sent to the commander of the Crimes Against Persons Bureau for disposition. 6. All questions pertaining to the handling of immigration related cases shall be directed to the officer?s supervisor and/or commanding officer. In addition, the commander of the Civil Liability Bureau is available for guidance regarding enforcement and non-enforcement immigration matters.

• avishai
    avishai
    That's an odd little paragraph. Is there a law in effect in CA that says a car is to be impounded if the driver does not have a license? Insurance? That would be an odd law, from my perspective

This has been the law in some counties/municipalities I have lived in before for a long time. I don't think it's an odd law at all! At least from the lack of insurance perspective, because if you hit someone and you don't have insurance, the potential to screw up there entire life is HUGE. Taking there "weapon" (car) away until it's insured is a fine idea.

It's even worse with illegal aliens that have nothing here to be sued for, no property, etc. and can easily go back to wherever where they can't be found or sued, driving around uninsured. Mexican, Canadian, or whatever.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Thank you for responding to me 6of9. Yes, my comparisons to slavery are stark, but not "dumbass". If not slavery, at least it can be argued that we are a caste system.

How can any of this be acceptable?? So we can have cheap produce?

Of course you say:

I simply don't care if the labor is "legal" or not, because "legal/non legal" is all just so much masturbation anyway.
    Wow. I can't argue with someone who doesn't care. You win.
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Stop the mental masturbating, and deal with it. "Legal", "illegal".... it's bullshit. YOU don't care if YOU drive over the speed limit, so don't come here pretending that the fact that these people are "illegal" is the issue. The issue is harmful vs not harmful, helpful vs not helpful.

If Mexicans simply being here in America and working was inherently harmful, or even just not-helpful, this would have been adressed years ago. It wasn't, so let's not pretend that we'll all suddenly notice, "hey, they're called illegal aliens, let's get rid of 'em", and any current problems we have will be solved. That's ridiculous. Making the word "illegal" a central part of this issue is about like arguing for stoning disobedient children "because the bible says to".

As for your 'caste system" comment, all you seem to be getting at is that some people make more money than others. If you're arguing for complete democratic marxism, methinks you'll find yourself with considerably less support from your fellow Americans ;).

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So I'm still trying to figure out how it is that illegals "have more driving rights than US citizens"? Avishai, illegals are required to have insurance too, are they not.

btw, jtstumbler, why don't you interview a few police chiefs, and ask them if they think that their officers can handle their current work load, and become immigration officers as well. Maybe all us god-fearin' 'Merkins will take a few years off from crime while our police get this immigration issue in hand?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:If the same thing happens to me I go to jail thein lies the proof of the difference in rights.

You haven't demonstrated that you'd be treated any differently than an illegal. The statute you posted certainly doesn't back up your claims, so why did you post it?

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate
    Btw, much as racist scumbags would rather it not be so, racism is not THAT hard to identify. The clues are not that subtle. One clue is how intellectually honest they are when discussing politics that affect other races/nations. Another clue is just what pisses them off ;), after all, there are alot of things to get pissed off about in this world; a hell of alot. Does our sample potential racist' anger always seem to come up when "those" people are mentioned? Is his/her anger about "those" people's negative impact on the community proportionate to the reality of "those" people's negative impact? Does he weigh, in spewing his verbage (and this is where intellectual honesty meets the sissy assed fear based emotionalism of racism, not you of course, you would never be a sleazy, sissy assed racist, gentle reader), the positives of "those" people's contributions to the community against whatever negatives are being discussed?

Well the intellectual superiority of this Sherlock Holmes sure is shinning through. He was able to pick up ?those? as the code word for racist white boy.

Due you work for LULAC six?

As is typical of your political leaning (or should I say predictable), you want to turn a legitimint discussion on illegal immigration into a racist argument.

Stating that you want something to be done about illegal immigrants does not make you a racist. Doesn't matter how you identify "them".

This coming from a person whose parents came here illegally from Mexico during the 60-70's, applied for legal residency status as soon as available, and became US citizens in the early 80's.

This coming from a person who lived most of his life in predominantly Mexican immigrant neighborhoods.

From someone that still has family in rural-farming Mexico.

From someone that has family living in the US illegally.

So you are going to get this from a born and bred American-Mexican, not some self-hating, riddled with guilt white-boy.

The US needs to do something to stem off illegal immigration. Period.

Yes, I will say the majority of the illegal immigrants (Hispanic) living in the US are peaceful, law-abiding citizen. They are however ILLEGAL. Which means they are breaking the law.

Now I personally don't have a problem with the peaceful ones. I believe if they are already here, then they should be given some type of grace period to file for temporary status, fined for being here illegally, and put on probation. If they do not comply by a certain time, then they lost their chance.

If they commit a felony crime while on probation they get deported.

As for the violent felonious illegals, they should do time. As soon as they're done paying back to society, they should be immediately handed over to INS and deported to their country of origin.

They problem as my father puts it, is that instead of bring the best of the culture, this new wave of immigrants bring the worst of our culture.

Such as:

No respect for US laws, even driving ones.

No respect for private property.

No respect of women.

Do not care to assimilate into the American fabric.

I can go on and on.

Why someone would want to escape the hell hole, called Mexico and its politics, only to bring it here escapes my mental capabilities.

edited cause it brought in ? marks where my commas were at.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I'm afraid legality has everything to do with the issue. You say:

YOU don't care if YOU drive over the speed limit

Wrong. I do care, and I care if you speed as well. Why? Because the speed limit save lives and injury. I respect traffic laws, not just because I'm afraid of a ticket.

Are illegal workers harmful? Yes

1. No legal rights for safe working conditions
    2. No worker compenation for injury
    3. No legal rights for fair pay or work hours

Current working conditions for illegal workers are harmful to themselves!! Do you get my point?

Are illegal workers helpful? Yes

1. Cheap ready labor for agriculture
    2. No payroll tax, SDI or worker comp insurance
    3. No minimum wage standards
    4. Which all equates to cheap produce and healthy profits to agriculture.
    5. And white people don't have to pick the food (one of the most racist statements I hear these days)

Are you willing to turn your head to these illegal working conditions so we can eat off the backs illegal immigrant labor?

As for your 'caste system" comment, all you seem to be getting at is that some people make more money than others.

Yes exactly, and add "working conditions" as well, see above. As far as your comment to "democratic marxism" I challenge you to compare who is pushing banning/controlling illegal workers. I think that would be primarily Republicans.

Do you think that post-civil-war Reconstruction put a major hurt on plantation owners who had to give up their slave economy?? Hell yes. Again, a Republican president was at work (Lincoln). But more importantly, the workers' situation was improved (albeit minutely and over the next 100+ years)

(Note to peanut gallery: I am not personally a Republican.)

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Texas Apostate: So you are going to get this from a born and bred American-Mexican, not some self-hating, riddled with guilt white-boy.

Thanks for the company, I was beginning to feel that way.

Back in the day, my immigrant family escaped third-world conditions by selling themselves into indentured slavery for 7 years to pay for the boat trip over. The country they left was the main agricultural source for England at the time, but the laborers were starving to death because the only food allowed them was the blighted potato.

After that, they became proud American citizens all the while without free health care or subsidy. Either we learn from history, or we repeat it.

EZ3 of the "no Irish need apply" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit