Illegals have more driving rights than U.S. citizens

by jt stumbler 51 Replies latest social current

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Thank Netty, I laughed at the part where it said that if he would have pulled over he probably would have been cited and release to border patrol agents. Yea right. I glad he didnt hurt anyone.

• Netty
    Netty
    he probably would have been cited and release to border patrol agents. Yea right

Thats exactly what I thought when I read it, YEA RIGHT!

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Remember the Berlin Wall? That is what we need.

Yes, I remember the wall of shame quite well, and I don't believe that this is what any human being needs. Countless families were ripped apart for too long. Many were killed, trying to escape in order to be reunited with their families. I wonder how parents in West Berlin felt when one night their daughter went for a sleepover at a friend's place in East Berlin and never had a chance to come back home.

I agree that something should be done about illegal immigrants, but I highly doubt that a second Berlin wall is the answer. Illegal immigrants or not, they are human beings in the first place.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Illegal imigrants are more help than harm, that's why we have the system in place that we do. Shooting detectives is a very naughty thing to do, but then again, there a millions of "illegal" immigrants in the US that have not shot detectives. Speaking in broad generalities, "illegal" aliens are better behaved than the American population at large, for obvious reasons.

That there is an uproar about "illegal aliens" at all speaks more to the fact that so many Americans are small-minded racist knee-jerk scum, than to the notion that a great many Americans have identified a real problem and are offering real, honorable, patriotic solutions. It's also the product of the end of a long period of financial "ease" for middle class America. Those jobs that no one wanted for so long... well, we still don't want them, but as we get nervous, we think we might actually need them one day soon. But of course, cheap labor was part of the reason we had such financial "ease" in the first place.

People tend to get mean when they are afraid.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In the Coneheads movie (1993) the INS agent who was chasing the Coneheads proposed an idea to keep the illegal immigrants from returning from Mexico: He suggested putting explosive neck-collars on everyone who is deported so that if they approach the border again the collar explodes.

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

Six of Nien, it is obvious that you don't understand the true issue at hand. It is not just about an illegal shooting a Sheriff's Deputy, and running back to Mexico for protection. It's an issue of Mexico not giving this "alledged" murderer back to us for trial. The Mexican Government has said that this is due to the perp's eliglibilty for the death penalty. However, when the L.A. County D.A. offered the possibility of life without possiblity of parole the Mexican Government renigged again.

There are other issues, also. Like Mexico's xenophobic gaurding of their southern border, as profiled on a recent PBS broadcast, entitled Chasing El Norte, documented.

Thirdly, in regards to extended rights given to illegal aliens, California State Senator Gil Cedillo, has authored a bill (SB 529) which will ensure that any alien that cannot produce proof of legal residency will not have their car impounded. Basically, what this means is that when an American citizan gets pulled over in the state of California, and can't produce insurance or a valid and legal driver's license their car is impounded.

Fourthly, as typical with people of your political ilk, you brought up the usual race comments. This issue has nothing to do with race. My own grandfather is a legal immigrant from Mexico. He believes that illegal immigrants hurt the teenagers that are trying to get into the work force.

Fifthly, with the City of Baldwin Park erecting monuments that make the historically inacurate claim that the southwestern U.S. was stolen from Mexico, and that it will be soon, and a Spanish television station advertising with a billboard that says, "Los Angeles, CA, Mexico" with the CA red slashed through, it is obvious to me and many Californians that it is the other side that has made this a racial issue.

JustMeAPissedOffAmericanCitizen

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Fifthly, with the City of Baldwin Park erecting monuments that make the historically inacurate claim that the southwestern U.S. was stolen from Mexico

My understanding is that the US / Mexico border was settled through war. It was not stolen from anyone... two opposing nations wanted the same land and the dispute was settled with blood.

Remember the Alamo!

If anyone wants to argue semantics, then lets talk about how the Spanish army stole the Mexican land from the Aztec nation. http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/dpalfrey/dpconquest.html

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    6of9 says: Those jobs that no one wanted for so long... well, we still don't want them, but as we get nervous, we think we might actually need them one day soon. But of course, cheap labor was part of the reason we had such financial "ease" in the first place.

You are you advocating a modern version of slavery?? You say that "Illegal imigrants are more help than harm." You could say the same thing about African slaves in America as well. Mexican illegals are underpaid, overworked, and a skat more well-treated than the US slaves of past centuries.

The only thing Mexican nationals are free to do is pass over the border and collect on free health care and services.

Are we willing to accept a correction in our economy in order to improve the economic and social quality of life for legal farm labor? I am. Otherwise we turn our heads to the reality of US modern slavery, the cheap disposable illegal Mexican.

• avishai
    avishai

I agree with ezekiel3. Also. They are called ILLEGAL immigrants for a reason. We have legal channels for immigration. People use them every day. However, i do agree those channels are imperfect and do need reform.

Those jobs that no one wanted for so long... well, we still don't want them, but as we get nervous, we think we might actually need them one day soon

I disagree

I have busted my back alongside mexicans, hmongs, cambodians, etc. in fields on more than one occasion when I could find nowhere else to work. Yes, it sucks, yes it's hard, and sometimes you get screwed on your check. But some of us are not too proud to work. Work fast food, work in a field, work whatever when we need to eat. And there were other "American's"out there too. Not just illegal's.

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

Quoting Elsewhere:
    "If anyone wants to argue semantics, then lets talk about how the Spanish army stole the Mexican land from the Aztec nation."

(Firmly placing tongue in cheek) The Euros stealing land? No! Everyone knows the Euros are the most perfect group of humans on the planet. Only the Americans are guilty of land stealing.

JustMe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit