What is the oldest witness publication you actually remember?

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shania
    Shania

Book study-----------Finished Mystery Book----Babylon Book-----Blue Truth Book----Paradise lost,

Then the Red Youth Book.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

"From paradise lost to paradise restored". It was a big orange book. I remember that book from my grandmother's house.

I also recall vividly the scary pictures of Armagheddon in that book. I was 3 or 4.

wanna

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I also recall the Original Bablyon the Great book, didn't have any questions at the bottom of the page, and the WTS had to publish a seperate soft covered book with the questions in it. Blah

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Whatever was around in the late 50's..I tried to wash it all out of my system!

I packed all the books up and got rid of them. (Gave them to my JW MIL)

I remember that "Paradise" book though. Scared the Hell out of my kids and the neighbor kids! They had a get together a while back and talked about it. It still gives them nightmares..what kind of stupid parent was I then to read that to my young kids.(They are in their 40's now)

What kind of stupid organization prints something like that for kids to see! Shouldn't it be "R" Rated?

Snoozy..

ps..I remember when my JW-MIL to be was trying to "break me into the religion" she pulled out a old record player and played one of their old records . Probably Rutherford or one of those "guys" talking. Not too inspiring kind of drone.The first meeting I went to was in an old rented small store with wooden chairs set up. No mics needed. She said they used record players when they first started going out in field service to do the witnessing.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The first one for me was the salmon colored book "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained". Seeing the pictures in the book was very impressionable to me, and scared the crap out of little 6 year old me. I would have nightmares about the pictures, and can still vividly remember even the smallest details of the bad dreams. That book was horrible, and the WTBTS should have been shut down for child abuse from that book.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I remember looking through the Paradise book as a child, but I loved the pictures. They were so fantastically fifties looking, sort of B-movie. I think my parents had labelled all the main characters as an aid to teaching me to read.

But the first bookstudy I recall was the yellow book with a blue embossed title I think. Guess it must have been God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years as previously mentioned. Was it based on Isaiah? Whatever, it was tedious.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I don't think anyone has mentioned this book. This is the first one I remember. When the witness first came to our house, my dad could not read or write. So they studied with him out of this book.

LEARN TO READ AND WRITE. Anyone else remember this book?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

'Babylon The Great Has Fallen' Gods Kingdom Rules

• Forscher
    Forscher

I studied from the old "blue bombshell" (that is what some called the "Truth" book). The congregation book study was going over the "Ezekiel" book when I started going to the book study.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    LEARN TO READ AND WRITE. Anyone else remember this book?

I sure do! This was the book that when a JW "called" on someone and wanted to start a study, and if the householder couldn't read or write, the JW would go and conduct kind of a "pre" study.

Of course it was understood that the householder would begin a "study" when he was ready to read. It was NOT done out of kindness---it was done so the WTS could gain a new recruit! Personally, I've never seen anyone actually stick with the program and accept a study in 30 years.

Do the JWs still use this method?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit