What is the oldest witness publication you actually remember?

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Not just one you have seen - or even researched since leaving. But the oldest one you recall studying when you 'got the truth' or as a child?

I remember "Let God be True" - 'Babylon The Great Has Fallen'- and 'Paradise Restored - Paradise Regained' [the big orangish/pink book - hope I got the name right] - all 50's early 60's books

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

From the 40's

The Kingdom is At Hnad

The Truth Shall Make You Free

The New World

• Quentin
    Quentin

Paridise book. That's the first one I personally studied. Before that didn't pay much attention.

• talesin
    talesin

Babylon the Great book. Oh, the bookstudy was soooo boring. And it was at our house, so I could never escape it. ;) Just before that, wasn't there a Green book, about Ezekiel or Daniel or something? That one was really convoluted. You can see how much this nonsense really sunk in; as a preteen I was already so done with the twisted reasoning involved in their 'explanations' of 'bible prophecy'.

The green NWT w/ the dinosaur.

The bright Pink new songbook, and the old green one. (let's NOT sing any songs, kay folks? *shudder*) hehehe

The Interlinear Translation being released.

t

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I remember studying the booklet "JW and the question of blood" at the book study back in the 80s and the United in Worship book, the green survival into a new earth book and the paradise book

• lucky
    lucky

I remember studying the pinky orange book when I was little, too. Wasn't it called "Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained"?

• lucky
    lucky

Oh, and I remember studying "Choosing the Best Way of Life" for my personal study with my mom when I was going through a "difficult" teenage phase.

• undercover
    undercover

I remember the Paradise book (big orange book)...it was scary to me as a little kid with all the armageddon pictures.

I remember when the Truth book came out adn the excitement around placing it in field service.

I remember studying the thick dark red Babylon the Great book at the book study. That was so long ago but I can remember being in the den of the house where the study was held, hot summertime, no AC, sweat pouring down my face, sitting on a hard ladderback chair as if it were yesterday. That book didn't make a lick of sense to me, a little kid, who wanted to be outside playing instead of inside, wearing a suit, sweating.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

My book of babble studies was the first I remember. The first I remember in a book study was the Pink book that used to be for kids, was it called "Your youth, getting the best out of it"??? My dad went through that with me when I was 5 !!!!

Kwin

• lucky
    lucky

I remember studying the "Your Youth - Getting the Most out of It", too. I think the only chapters that were actually interesting were "Growing into Manhood" and "Growing into Womanhood" or whatever it was they were called. My mom studied them with me when they did sex ed in school, when I was like 9 or 10. It was the first I'd heard about sex and I thought it was the grossest thing ever. I remember my mom saying "someday it won't seem so gross" (although she didn't actually use the word "gross" because that was on our forbidden word list).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit