I'm cleaning out my closet!!!

by purplesofa 34 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

When I was still young the longer skirts (below knee/mid calf) were "in" enough so that I didn't feel too frumpy. Now that I'm older I can't wear the trendy stuff anyway...or I guess I could, but I'd risk looking like a real nitwit. LOL

I will say that as I got more and more depressed with my life as a JW, my clothes got darker and more frumpy...it was like I wanted to disappear. I either threw that stuff away or gave it to Good Will.

I'm just glad that I don't have to dress up all the time any more.

• heatherg
    heatherg

Mine were frumpy grandma clothes, which I immediately got rid of along with all my 'sensible' ugly flats! I only wear pantyhose if it's an absolute must, and no more slips!! Although I do confess to wear sweats and a baseball cap most of the time now, I'm a busy Mom, don't have time to look sexy. Ahh, some day though! hg

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Brooke - your jezebel comment reminded me of that bible story book picture of her. You're too young to remember when the bible story book was in mono colour and not technicolour - she had greyish eyeshadow then. When she went technicolour in the mid eighties she started looking like a right old drag queen and I stopped wanting to be her and switched to wanting to be Dinah - with come hither beckon and beardy Shechem rubbing his greasy chin!

(sorry - off topic - but the memories)

• love11
    love11

My outfits always looked like I was trying to be on a bad soap opera. Maybe I was an old baptised black woman in another life. LOL!!!!!!!

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

All my meet'n suits were from dead guys anyway. I use to have a powder blue leisure suit. I think there is still an elder that wears his pee green one.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Purp, please share the sexy stuff? ;)

• kls
    kls

Oh do i remember those cloths, talk about being a nerd. Gaud a tablecloth would have looked better and i hate dresses and skirts

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

OH MY GOD...my son married a JEZEBEL/aka whyamihere!!!

All kidding aside...Brookie was never afraid to dress like she wanted to. She always looked great!!

My closet could use a good cleaning too. I don't know if Goodwill would even want them...they're so out of style .

Cathy L.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    If you need any help making any choices at Victoria's Secret just let me know.

BigDog..........you buying?

Purp, please share the sexy stuff? ;)

I thought this was kinda nice.........what do you think? It was really difficult, dressing and undressing, getting ready for the meetings.......stressing out, anxiety. two nights a week.......makeup, clothes, hose, shoes... I dont know why that had to be such a big deal. As much as we went, that even became burdensome, on top of all the studying and everything else. Thanks for all your comments.!!! purps

• tyler m
    tyler m

when i left home in the middle of the night i left ALL my meetings clothes hanging in the closet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit