Do you miss feeling that "Jehovah" was listening to prayers?

by LyinEyes 57 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Actually if the above is true, she should pray thanking him for the strength to leave in the first place. It's much easier to keep the blinders on. Keep on believing, defd...you're right where you belong, where it's nice and safe and you can put responsibility for your life on others hands

Wander I am happy right where i am at. In the safety of Jehovahs Organization. I am the one responsible for my life, i do not put it in anyones hands but my own thank you.

• doogie
    doogie
    Wander I am happy right where i am at. In the safety of Jehovahs Organization. I am the one responsible for my life, i do not put it in anyones hands but my own thank you.

then what the hell are you doing here?! oh right, service time. by the way, is someone telling you to turn in a field service slip every month or did you come to that conclusion through your own study of the bible? i hate to say it, but you are led by the hand to your beliefs.

what is your motivation for coming here? love and concern? jus wonderin...

• Terry
    Terry

James Thomas, thou art a poet!

Lovely writing.

T.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This statement was very true for me from a very early age:

We were so brainwashed that God's name is "Jehovah" and if we didn't direct our prayers toward him "Through Jesus" he wouldn't hear us..

When I was young , I was so scared to forget to say............" in Jesus name" , for fear of being disrespectful if I accidently fell asleep , which happened alot.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    When I was young , I was so scared to forget to say............" in Jesus name" , for fear of being disrespectful if I accidently fell asleep , which happened alot.

It's certainly understandable for a child to think that, especially being taught that being a JW.

But really, if God is so small minded as to get mad at you or penalize you for forgetting some detail like that (you forgot to pray in Jesus name - no soup for you!) then why would you pray to such a God anyway? Such a God is really just the product of a mind that is under the trance of religion.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

you have to give up your individuality, You just need to keep telling yourself that to give up freedom for a false safety net is not worth the trade, I think it was Ben Franklin that said those that give up freedom for safety deserve neither, good words to live by those old white guys that gave us so much.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

yes I do. But you sometimes reach a stage where you think that Jehovah no longer listens to you. At least I do. And the fault is not His.

Scoob

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

well he never heard, answered, or made any sort of move that would indicate he was interested before so I guess I don't miss him and have found my own spirituality.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

well he never heard, answered, or made any sort of move that would indicate he was interested before so I guess I don't miss him and have found my own spirituality.

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Hi Dede:

My dear wife and I have been reading the board intermittently for several years and wondered lately how you have been coping. We have been saddened that you have had so much to endure, so many hardships. Our hearts go out to you. Sometimes we humans are very fragile, and those false shepherds, at least some of them, in the org., instead helping us, made our loads heavier.

Do not feel guilty because your faith is not what you perhaps like it to be. Our Creator understands us. I am sure our God knows that from time to time our faith is not so strong. Our Lord Jesus never ever rejected or chastised those whose faith was wavering. Remember doubting Thomas. Our Master helped him regain his conviction. It is normal to feel bruised and feel hurt when going through ordeals such as you have experienced.

Often at night, I admire the starry heavens; what a captivating sight. Does it not fill your heart with gratitude to have the intelligence to admire such awe-inspiring creations? To be able to feel appreciation for the wondrous creations strengthens my faith. After all, if there is no all-powerful, supreme God who created the billions upon billions of galaxies that whirl in endless space, who else is there to help us, especially when we are stressed, when we are hurting. We, as mortal humans can endeavour to show empathy, express love to each other, but finally our creator only, can, in his due time, mitigate all pain and suffering.

As you say, here we can find support and encouragement. My wife and I also felt pain and disenchantment after discovering that we were hijacked by the WTBS. Now we are free after many decades in the org.

We hope your niece will improve soon.

David and wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit