Is 2034 ''New Light''?

by MidwichCuckoo 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quotes
    Quotes

LMAO at Nathan Natas!!!

seeker4 asked:
    =================
    What has been written about 2034? Where is it presented as a new idea?
    =================

integ's comment posted after yours indicates that the subtle math was not over the heads of the rank and file.

You can read the key parts at my Quotes site: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/2034.htm.

Basically, it goes like this:

Noah had 120 years between start of his warning period and the flood (but as LittleToe noted above, it does not specifically say that -- you don't suppose WTS is stretching and interpreting scipture to fit their own needs, do you? Heaveans no!).

We are living in a time just like Noah's. He was waiting for, and preparing for, the flood. JWs are waiting for and preparing for Armageddon. (I guess Jahoobee forgot his promise that he would never bring mass destruction to mankind ever again. Tsk tsk, these mass murderers are forgetful sometimes.)

If Noah got 120 years, then we get 120 years. 1914 + 120 = 2034. Q.E.D.

Take it with a grain of salt. The WTS also thinks that Noah was out knocking on doors on Saturday mornings to schlepp magazines with titles like "Rabbits that chew cud: The Hidden Dangers" and "Qualities to Look for in a Concubine" and "Hibernation: Its not just for winter anymore". He would then record those NotAtHome and report his time at the end of the month.

~Quotes, of the "Predict 2034 = End of Watchtower" class

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Take it with a grain of salt.

Dont you mean a bucket full of salt?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Thanks for all the feedback all, lol, and the impersonation (I think everyone knows one like THAT Integ!)

OK, so we know from the prophet Fred's work that Adam was absolutely positutely created 6,000 years before 1975.. ...

Add 30 years to 1975

So even though NOTHING significant happened (or even something insignificant, you know, like Armageddon) in 1975, it is still a year to be 'noted'?

So 2005 (1914+70+1 (no year zero) add the tribes of Israel, fiddle with all the numbers in Daniel and take away the first number you thought of ........etc) is to be ''significant'' too? Can I give up yet? Lol

• JW83
    JW83

Great thread, I had no idea!!!

Nathan, you made me laugh, cos I had that date all worked out when I was a dub in the 90s! I thought, 'I'll start being really good in 2004'. Never happened ...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As brother Quotes has stated,

"Noah had 120 years between start of his warning period and the flood..."

It is a matter of HISTORICAL RECORD, Brothers, that the modern day warning began when when Jehovah caused Charles Taze Russell to begin delivering his message of imminent doom in 1877, the year he published a pamphlet titled "The Object and Manner of Our Lord's Return" and the book "Three Worlds, and the Harvest of This World," which first allowed beams of Divine TRUTH to shine forth in modern times.

Well, then, it is only simple ARITHMETIC to add 120 years to 1877 and arrive at the date of greatest importance in our times... uhh (seven and zero is seven... two plus seven is nine, eight plus one is nine... one, nine, nine, seven)

1997!

DAMN!

Damn!

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Clearly we have been led astray by the mathematical manipulation and scripture twisting of our former Brother Quotes, who has now been identified as an ARCH APOSTATE and dream slayer! SHUN HIM! SHUN HIM!

Midwich Cuckoo asked,

"So even though NOTHING significant happened (or even something insignificant, you know, like Armageddon) in 1975, it is still a year to be 'noted'?"

Who knows the tides and times of the realm invisible? Consider the trees of the field: in late winter, they appear to be asleep, yet in spring blooms burst forth. How could this be if there was no activity that is not apparent in the realm of our limited senses?

- Your Brother's in Brooklyn, earnestly awaiting the proceeds from your estate.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Take it with a grain of salt. The WTS also thinks that Noah was out knocking on doors on Saturday mornings to schlepp magazines with titles like "Rabbits that chew cud: The Hidden Dangers" and "Qualities to Look for in a Concubine" and "Hibernation: Its not just for winter anymore". He would then record those NotAtHome and report his time at the end of the month.

LMAO!!!! Hilarious!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Nathan,

You got it exactly right. Very accurate and very funny. It gives me the shudders to think how they managed to do exactly that sort of thing over and over. Always trying to find the significance in obscure periods of time, as though they held some important clues - the length of Jesus' life, the time from Jesus baptism or death til the destruction of jerusalem. On and on.

I remember one brother telling me, with absolute certainty, that Jehovah had put the date of Armageddon in the Bible somewhere, we just hadn't "found" it yet. I knew he was full of shit

This all went along well with the WTS's idea that we really don't understand Bible prophecies until AFTER they're fulfilled.

That just so doesn't make sense - what good is a prophecy if you can't understand it until after the event??? It's worthless.

And thanks for the WT quote. Really interesting. First I'd heard of it.

S4

• Quotes
    Quotes

Nathan said:
    ==============
    Clearly we have been led astray by the mathematical manipulation and scripture twisting of our former Brother Quotes, who has now been identified as an ARCH APOSTATE and dream slayer! SHUN HIM! SHUN HIM
    ==================

Not if I shun you first!

Now, the tradition Klingon-cum-JW shunning ceremony:

I shun thee,
    I shun thee,
    I shun thee.

There.

You are now shunned first. You can't shun me, I shunned you!

*Quotes sticks out his tonge and makes rasberry noises at Nate*

~Quotes, of the "added number with a calculator" class

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

But...

but...

but...

• acadian
    acadian

Hello MidwichCuckoo, you said,

I can't help but wonder if it is confusing being a JW now - many things they preached years ago have now changed (NOT, in my opinion, added to as the above quote says). Do they ever think, ''Well, THIS is just temporary thinking, and another 'New Light' will be along shortly''. Maybe it's just become a way of life, not knowing what you HAVE to believe anymore. Psychologically it must be very damaging.

Believe me it was confusing never really being able to figure things out,(because their always changing, "New Light" ya know?)

but I was faithful and waited on Jehovah 20 yrs.. But the B.S. just got deeper, so started doing my own research, well I came to the conclusion the WTS needed a new light bulb, a whole new electical system for that matter!

Anyway I D.A.'ed myself , not formally I don't feel the need, but I still love the friends, at least the ones that weren't back-biters, gossipers and just all around trouble makers ( that doesn't leave many ).

Acadian

If you live below your means you will have the means too live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit