Is 2034 ''New Light''?

by MidwichCuckoo 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

... just got off my fat arse and looked on quotes' site, and there it is! A whole chunk about 2034. You learn something new everyday...

ig.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    who is joe hobba?

He is the chief hobbit, the maker of heaven and earth. He has the biggest bitchin computer wherein he keeps track of what everyone, every living thing on our earth does, thinks. It has been said that when a sparrow dies, he makes an entry for it. Strange thing is, noone has actually seen the hobbit in chief, and so more many people doubt that he even exists. However, chief hobbit devotees have convinced themselves that the chief hobbit will soon annihalate those unbelievers. Personally, i think he is just a little 2 foot tall hobbit, w yoda dreams, living in a cave somewhere in the middle east, among the creasote bushes. S

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Midwich;

What has been written about 2034? Where is it presented as a new idea? I've not seen anything. Could someone post the quotes on this, if there are any? I've heard rank and file JWs speculate about this, and lots of other stuff, but not the WTS.

That having been said, this is a typical way the Society has operated for decades- take Point A, which applies to Time B, and then make a quantum leap to say that it therefore must mean that Point Y applies in Time Z. The whole type/anti-type thing, and it's ridiculous if you actually step back anbd look at it. But that's the mindseet the WTS encourages. Just the fact that Midwich brought this up is evidence of the WTS mentality. Why should that 120 years have anything to do with anything else? There's a key to WTS and JW psychology - and why the Witness reank and file can be so easily swayed. There's absolutely no reason to feel there's any connection - except we were trained to look for those type of connections by WTS theology.

Rutherford and Fred Franz were masters at this kind of info manipulation - but when you think about it, it's meaningless.

Like Little Toe, that series of changes in the mid-1990s was what did it for me. By the time the generation change came, I knew I was simply hearing a lot of bullshit., and I left the Witnesses.
    S4

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I've heard rank and file JWs speculate about this, and lots of other stuff, but not the WTS. ...
    That having been said, this is a typical way the Society has operated for decades

You got it Seeker - that's how they ''explain away'' the 1975 date. They KNOW what they're doing...let the Rank and File predict the dates from the ''hints'' and then there's no 'comeback' on them. Or am I speaking out of line?

• luna2
    luna2

I've been pretty much gone since early 2001, and I don't remember hearing any speculation about 2034. Makes sense that people would try to come up with something, though. Keeps the embers of faith glowing to know that things are "coming soon".

I'm waiting to see what happens with the WTS when the oldtimers on the GB are all gone. One assumes they are planning receiving their stratagy "new light" now.

• integ
    integ

There was a Watchtower study article that alluded to 2034...But did not actually come out and say to watch out for it. But interestingly, the watchtower conductor got a goofy smile on his face like he had just achieved a spiritual "orgasm", and speculated himself...saying; "Well friends, we can see here how the society is not saying that the end will come in 2034, but it clearly points out in this article that it may just be a year to look forward to". The conductor is a weird guy whos muscles twitch, and he constantly looks like he's receiving some sort of electric shock throughout his body. He lives with his mother, and has shunned the idea of marriage. You know, because the end is just around the corner. He always says "yessssh" not "yes". And sports this stupid smile to every point the watchtower brings out, as if it is some glorious, precious, spiritual nugget, sent from God himself. "Aren't we thankful friends that.......etc, etc, etc."

Integ.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Really, we ought to be more concerned with the present time.

Jesus was baptized at 30.

Therefore it is a reasonable Bible-based conclusion to assume that Adam had lived for 30 years in Eden before Eve was created.

It would be nothing for a perfect everlasting human being to avoid being attracted to sheep, mares, armadillos, parrots, reptiles, fish and echidnas as potential mates. Adam was like Superman, only Kryptonite didn't hurt him! He kept himslef pure for Eve!

OK, so we know from the prophet Fred's work that Adam was absolutely positutely created 6,000 years before 1975.

Add 30 years to 1975, and you come out pretty close to 2005. So in 2005, on October 8th, 2005, at 5 PM, the millenial reign of the invisible King Jesus will begin on earth. Naturally this will require the removal of six billion obstacles, but the invisible King Jesus can do it - he has angels mounted on horseback helping him.

Less than five months to go!

Let's go knock on doors, shall we?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Boy nate, dont you imagine they wish they had kept 2005 for an ace in the hole instead of wasting it on 1975?

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"...Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring "the deluge of waters...Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance, and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival. "After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld," says the apostle Paul, "[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household." (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in "the time of the end."

Watchtower 2003, December 15, pp.14-19, Our Watchfulness Takes On Greater Urgency

I can just hear them in that back room now, "Hey, this is the perfect carrot that'll keep 'em coming for another 40. After 2034 we can always blame it on them. We can even revive and rework this statement, one that worked on the 1925 debacle":

?Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925 2034, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything.? WT 1926 2035, p. 232.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LMAO @ Integ.........you got that description down pat.........it is almost obscene the way the "brothers" get so "excited" talking about these things on stage........kind of gross looking back on it .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit