Did You Ever Think The "End" Was Going To Happen In Your Lifetime"?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Charisma
    Charisma

Of course I thought the end was going to come in my lifetime. It was all I had ever been taught. In highschool I didn't take any business classes because who needed a job? Armegeddon was going to come in my Sophomore Year.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, none of us were supposed to see high school.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, of course !

We all did and anyway I was on the platform giving meaningful talks [I hoped!} encouraging the others. I could not have done that if I did not really believe. In my life I put off a lot that should have been done. I did things with the end in mind and allowed it to dominate my life . Life choices were made and stuck to, because the system was ending. I like this from up the thread

'some people live their lives like it's a rehearsal and not that important. Well it isn't - this is it. make the most of it.'

I wish I had learned that in 1974

BTW, Trevor, I was there at Twickenham too, when they released the Truth Book. Your description of the times is spot on . What fools we look now !

• Zapper_1
    Zapper_1

If JWs really knew the Bible, they wouldn't believe what they so about Armageddon in the first place. By the time Armageddon rolls around, Christ will already have have gathered up the Body of Believers, aka "the church".

• minimus
    minimus

Yes Zap, but you can't look at Revelation chronologically.

• Zapper_1
    Zapper_1

Yep minimus. So say the JWs. :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit