EXPERTS ONLY! A Pop Quiz on (current) Watchtower teaching

by TerryWalstrom 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash
    I bet we're still closer than any active JW would be though :-)
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    Lots of "Ahh ahh ahh," but so far, no "CHOO!"
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    So are we failing on the same point or are there several questions you think we have wrong?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

I would suggest 3 & 7 are the most open to obfuscation within the literature.

• floriferous
    floriferous

Faye in answer to question 7 see this link.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/mediator.php

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's easy to show that the WTS doctrine is that Jesus only is mediator for the 140,000.  They are open about that and base it on the interpretation of the new covenant.  The question was if Jesus died for the GC.  The mediation of the New Covenant is not the sole consideration in the answer to this question.  The WTS literature does often differentiate between the GC and 144,000 when discussing salvation but is clear that salvation is offered to the GC through their exercising of faith in Jesus' sacrifice.  They also state he died for all.

So, it can be argued that JW publications show Jesus strictly only really died for the 140,000 since he only mediates for them on the NC but I think the position on the NC does not preclude his death having the power to redeem the of all mankind.

I will await Terry's POV on this when he provides his answers...

[EDIT] - just to add that of course this apparent contradiction is very well described in the jwfacts.com article.  I think that even one of the GB would hold the line that JWs teach Jesus died for all even though he only mediates the NC for the 140,000 

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
     Thank you k99 and floriferous. Really disgusting. The whole concept of 144,000 being taken literally is just mad. And what is it based on? Some people 'just knowing' they are going to heaven. What a mess their twisted doctrine has caused, when the TRUTH is so simple. It's funny we used to believe that 'the truth' was simple...it's actually so much MUCH more complicated than what we find when we read the bible with our own eyes. 
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Just realised I lost 4000 anointed!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    that's ok k99, apparently they found them, the number 'still left on earth' keeps growing.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Just realised I lost 4000 anointed!

Did you check down the back of the couch?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit