EXPERTS ONLY! A Pop Quiz on (current) Watchtower teaching

by TerryWalstrom 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I think many of you will be amazed, dumbfounded, and/or indifferent to the actual answers to the above.

I'll give you a BIG HINT.

The GB has had to reinvent the entire structure of its doctrine. How they are spinning it depends on the ignorance of the eight million JW's around the world.

If few JW's know what WAS actually taught for over 100 years by direction of Holy Spirit, you can't expect them to be upset when it is scrapped and rebuilt!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

1. I didn't know he ever came first! He was a carpernter dammit not an academic. No report cards in the bible. 

2. Bible doesn't have an attendance roster either. If he was coming he must still walking on  water 'cause he never ever arrived.

3. Are yu talking of "Black Sails'? She humped both men and women and was a faithful and discreet slave. Nothing prophesy about it she was an incom- parable. 

4.Son-o-man hadn't any. He was homeless. Yup they threw him. now they only have  little boys and girls- longings.

5.Depends on whether yu mean an aphrodisiac or a number.

6.I don't date girls who have fribilliation-past present or future.Sorry did yu write 'tribulation'? Damn this glaucoma!!

7.My englis not so good but yu say grey cloud? Not knowing that jesus knoed native american chief. i am learned something new now!! He fust die for grey cloud and then disappear on grey cloud!! very funny! ha!ha!

8. So that they become faithful and discreet slaves and give up all their belongings .

9. Yu bet! Since the day he greased his hair with oliveoil and was popeye-d  oiling  the word into 144000 twistable interpretations of prophesy -which  now has turned into $144000,000,000 and so roll on the merry years!!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

1.       Was Jesus’ 2nd coming in 1914?

JW do not refer to Jesus "return" in 1914 as a second coming but that.He returned invisibly on that date.

2.        Is Jesus’ 2nd (parousia) presence the same thing as his ‘coming?’

Jws do not refer to Jesus' return in 1914 as a second  presence. There is only ONE parousia.

3.         Is the doctrine of the ‘faithful and discreet slave’ still regarded as a prophecy       instead of a parable?

Both.

4.        Were the FDS appointed over ‘all His belongings’ in 1919?

No.

5.        Did the Gentile Times end in 1914, or is that yet to come at a future date?

The Gentile times ended in 1914.  (1914 sounds like Nisan 14)

6.       Is the ‘great tribulation’ in the past, the present, or yet to come in the future?

GT is "soon" to come

7.        Did Jesus die in order to save the ‘Great Crowd’?

"Behold the lamb of God..sins of the world"

8.        If the Bible was only written for the anointed, why should non-anointed bother to read it?

2 Tim 3:16 does not restrict the Bible for the "anointed"

9.        Was Charles Taze Russell a member of the anointed 144,000? If so, since what date?

Pastor Russell professed to be of the anointed. The  precise date of his anointing may be guessed.

• Speaker for the dead
    Speaker for the dead

The proper jw answer to questions 1-10 is the following

"You've raised some interesting questions. I'd like to go and do some research. Maybe I can come back next week with some publications that will answer your questions in greater detail. Maybe Saturday around ten? In the meantime I'd like to leave with this unrelated tract...."

• Listener
    Listener

No it was his presence 

No 

3.         Is the doctrine of the ‘faithful and discreet slave’ still regarded as a prophecy       instead of a parable?

I'm not sure on their view regarding this but I think It's considered to be a parable that relates to the last days and not a prophecy. 

No.   

5.        Did the Gentile Times end in 1914, or is that yet to come at a future date?

Yes it ended in 1914. 

6.       Is the ‘great tribulation’ in the past, the present, or yet to come in the future?

In the future. 

No it was for the anointed only. 

8.        If the Bible was only written for the anointed, why should non-anointed bother to read it?

So that they know what was written to the anointed. 

9.        Was Charles Taze Russell a member of the anointed 144,000? If so, since what date?

Yes but I do not know the date. 

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Wait a minute....terry, are you serious about number 7? Are they ACTUALLY teaching that Jesus died only for the anointed?? 

God's going to get them good someday. Freaking Pharisees. Not only do they keep the kingdom from themselves, they keep it from others. 

• menrov
    menrov

I guess there is one answer that fits all questions: " The GB will clarify in due course., we wait for Jehovah.."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Here we go....

Of course, the answers to most, if not all, of these have changed considerably over the years thanks to the NewLight Torch of (UN)Ambiguity and I don't think there are many that could really answer these without reference to the latest guide books.

No.  There is no such thing as a second coming.  Jesus' presence (parousia) started in 1914 when he was enthroned as king.

2.        Is Jesus’ 2nd (parousia) presence the same thing as his ‘coming?’

No.  His coming will be future at the big A.

It's a parable within the prophecy of the last days.

No. They were but now that's future.

Yes

Future, when Babylon the Great is attacked by the nations

Yes,  His death enables the anointed to achieve a righteous standing to become joint heirs and the GC get to have a righteous standing by exercising faith in his shed blood as well.  The WTS consistently differentiate between the 144000 and GC however, for example noting he is "saviour of this body" (Eph 5:23) - the anointed congregation and secondly, those of the GC that exercise faith in him.

Because all can benefit from Jesus death and the new world.

Yes.  Who knows when that blessing was conferred on him.  He is no longer considered part of the F&DS as they were only appointed in 1919 and he was already dead by then.

Did I get it?  You did say current teachings....

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Here goes:

NO

NO

YES

NO

YES

YET TO COME

Yes, they are included, referenced by 'other flock' saying

So we can get salvation by hanging on their coat tails

Yes, but I don't know since what date.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

So far, nobody has it right! That is, according to the Watchtower's current (as of this moment) 'understanding.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit