My pet Bunny Died

by liquidsky 15 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

My pet bunny "Hoshi" died on Sunday. She got a bacterial infection, and we did everything to save her. Spent the night in the animal emergency room but they couldn't do much for her. I'm so bummed. Strange how we get so attached to animals.

• love11
    love11

Awww...how long did you have her?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Poor thing.

I've never had a rabbit, but I've heard they make great indoor pets. Someone described them as being a lot like a cat... this person even box-trained the rabbit like a cat.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

About a month. Seriously though, I've never been attached to pet as much as Hoshi. She was just the perfect friend for me.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

liquidsky- Gosh, I'm sorry about your bunny. I know what you mean, as I've gotten quite attached to my little animal buddies, too. It's so hard to have to say goodbye to them. You can feel good, though, about the fact that you did what you could, gave her every chance possible, and when she couldn't beat the infection, you saw to it that she had a peaceful end to her pain. Hang in there; I'll be thinking of you.

• love11
    love11

Oh.....I'm sorry to hear that. Well.....maybe when you're feeling better you can try getting a pet again. Hey, there's no harm in opening up your feelings to love someone. Sounds like you'd be a great mommy for a new bunny someday. Love

• kls
    kls

That is sad ,it is so amazing how pets become family. I am sorry for you.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I'm sorry about your rabbit liquid. We had a cat for many years and he developed a tumor and we had to put him "to sleep". I was shocked at how sad my husband and I and our two kids were when we had to put him down. Pets really do become like family. It hurts to lose them.

Thinking about you....Cathy L.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sorry for the loss of your bunny. We used to have those little Dutch bunnies when my kids were home. They were so cute.

Having lost countless pets over the years......I know just how devastating that can be. Sending big hugs your way.....

Annie

• Banshee
    Banshee

((((((liquidsky))))))) It is tough to lose a pet. My husband and I have no children together (he has a child who is grown) and our cats are our "babies". I would be SO grieved if one of them died. Pets are family, IMO.

*sending healing & sunny thoughts your way*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit